- This event has passed.
Racial Intelligence TRAINERS Class @Austin ISD Police FEB 3-4, 2021 (Austin, TX)
February 3, 2021 - February 4, 2021
This is an invitation-only RITE Train-theTrainer Class
RITE Academy is pleased to provide the 2-day Train-the-Trainer Class on Racial Intelligence with an improved Professional Workplace. This training is being hosted by Austin ISD Police Dept. on February 3-4 2021. Contact registration, and location information are below.
Racial Equity Expands Fairness and Justice to All
RITE’s Train-the-Trainer is nationally recognized in encouraging a bias-free workplace, that includes racial equity inside and outside the agency. Our classes include a combination of emotional and social intelligence skill-building with unique accountability Tools. Years of research along with hands-on training, give your employees a sole-source experience that is unmatched.
“Policing cannot be done the same way we did in the 1980’s. In order to build racial equity that includes fairness and justice, we need to change how we do things, from leadership on down.” ~ Linda Webb
Read the article on Racial Equity HERE
“RITE Training benefits ALL in Public Service”
With proven RESULTS that RITE Training decreases use of force, Racial Intelligence combines Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI), which has been successfully used in corporations for years. This helps your department develop a bias-free community.
Definition of Racial Intelligence: “The practice of using Emotional Intelligence (EI), Social Intelligence (SI), and the RITE Tools, to treat ourselves and others fairly.” Learn more about EI and SI…
Trainers will learn the RITE 3-prong approach:
- Officer Communication Skills: Emotional Intelligence Tools for Resiliency and De-escalation; to use personally and professionally
- Improve the Department: Social Intelligence helps with Bias-free policing, Recruiting, Improved morale, and Accountability
- Build the Community Relations: Bias-free policing will Enhance public trust
The 2-Day Training Overview:
- (6) Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI) modules
- Insight to controlling emotions in heightened and pressure situations
- Accountability Tools Kit: RITE Ladder, New Day, Block-out Stop-light chart, + more
- Implicit and Explicit Bias, Hot-Buttons, and PTS-D
- Create Bias-Free Culture throughout the department
- Professional workplace practices
- Racial Equity inside and outside the agency
- Learn to avoid ‘Block-Out Syndrome’ on 95% of calls
- Emergency Response to Block Out (Step In, Tap Out, Take Over)
- De-escalation Communication with Behavioral Self Control
- Certificate of license to teach RITE in agency
- Accredited by IADLEST, highest standard of LE training
- RITE Tools – Required for all students and are the KEY to departmental accountability
Includes RITE Instructor Manual, Trainer Tools, Materials, multiple Power Points, Teaching aids, RITE Instructor Certificate and More!
RITE Articles to Learn from and Share:
Duty to Intervene during Block-out – Article Link
Policing is affected by Officer Implicit Issues – Article Link
6 Signs a Bully is causing your Workplace Harassment Issues Article Link
Professional Workplace Culture is Reducing Police Misconduct – Article Link
Who can attend?
- Law Enforcement Trainers
- Corrections Trainers
- Fire Department Trainers
7:45 Registration and Coffee
8:00 – 11:50 am Morning session
12:00 – 1:00 pm Lunch Break
1:00 – 4:00 pm Afternoon session
Austin ISD Performing Arts Center
1500 Barbara Jordan Blvd
Chief Ashley Gonzalez
Austin ISD Police
4000 S IH 35
Austin, Texas 78704
The Austin ISD Police Department is divided into five bureaus, the North Uniform Services Bureau, South Uniform Services Bureau, Criminal Investigations Bureau, Professional Standards Bureau, and the Support Services Bureau.
North & South Uniform Services Bureau
The Uniform Services Bureau oversees the Austin ISD Police School Resource Officer Program, Patrol Division, Mental Health Unit, K9 Unit, and Courier Services.
School Resource Officers (SROs) help provide a safe and secure environment for AISD students, employees and visitors by deterring and disrupting criminal activities, enforcing Local and State laws, mentoring students, and providing educational presentations.
- February 3, 2021
- February 4, 2021
- Event Categories:
- EVENTS, Professional Workplace Culture, RITE Train-the-trainer
- Event Tags:
- Austin ISD Police Department, Austin Police Officers, Community Policing, Elements of Entitlement, Hot Buttons, implicit bias training, Mental Looping, Negative Banter, Professional Workplace Culture, Professional Workplace Training, racial equity, RITE Trainers class, RITE Workplace LEADERSHIP, Rumors and Gossip, Unprofessional Behavior, Workplace Harassment Issues