Racial Intelligence TRAINERS Class @Austin ISD Police FEB 3-4, 2021 (Austin, TX)
February 3 - February 4
This RITE Train-theTrainer Class, will be held at Austin ISD HQ as the HOST for all LE working in Austin.
RITE Academy appreciates Broward Chiefs Association and the Broward Sheriff’s Office for hosting these important classes. Once certified, Trainers will be bringing RITE into their Law Enforcement, Corrections and Fire Departments agencies within Broward County.
RITE Academy is pleased to provide Professional Workplace TRAIN-the-TRAINER 2-Day class Hosted by Austin ISD Police. Full-day classes of this Training will be conducted February 3-4, 2021, and is by invitation only.
RITE’s Train-the-Trainer is nationally recognized in encouraging a bias-free workplace. Our classes include a unique combination of emotional intelligence skill-building, that includes years of research to give your employees a sole-source experience that can not be duplicated.
RITE Academy is pleased to provide the 2-day Train-the-Trainer Class on Racial Intelligence and an improved Professional Workplace. Training will be held at the Austin ISD Police Dept. on February 10-11, 2021. Contact for registration and information are below.
The Austin ISD Police Department is divided into five bureaus, the North Uniform Services Bureau, South Uniform Services Bureau, Criminal Investigations Bureau, Professional Standards Bureau, and the Support Services Bureau.
North & South Uniform Services Bureau
The Uniform Services Bureau oversees the Austin ISD Police School Resource Officer Program, Patrol Division, Mental Health Unit, K9 Unit, and Courier Services.
- School Resource Officers (SROs) help provide a safe and secure environment for AISD students, employees and visitors by deterring and disrupting criminal activities, enforcing Local and State laws, mentoring students, and providing educational presentations.
“RITE Training benefits ALL in Public Service”
With proven RESULTS that RITE Training decreases use of force, Racial Intelligence combines Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI), which has been successfully used in corporations for years. This helps your department develop a bias-free community.
Definition of Racial Intelligence: “The practice of using Emotional Intelligence (EI), Social Intelligence (SI), and the RITE Tools, to treat ourselves and others fairly.” Learn more about EI and SI…
How does the RITE model work?
RITE improves the officer’s communication skills (first), so they can engage more effectively with others. Old cultural diversity training (teaching officers what they’re doing wrong) is ineffective in improving police-work. De-escalation techniques, Implicit bias understanding while using EI, empowers the officer with better, more effective decision-making (for themselves and the department). Improved engagement and morale is noticed in the department, and builds Community trust.
Trainers will learn the RITE 3-prong approach:
- Officer Communication Skills: Emotional Intelligence Tools for Resiliency and De-escalation; to use personally and professionally
- Improve the Department: Social Intelligence helps with Bias-free policing, Recruiting, Improve morale, and Accountability
- Build the Community Relations: Bias-free policing will Enhance public trust
The 2-Day Training Overview:
- Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI) modules
- Learn how to control emotions in heightened and pressure situations
- Student Tools Kit: RITE Ladder, New Day, Block-out Stop-light chart, + more
- Implicit and Explicit Bias, Hot-Buttons, and PTS-D
- Create Bias-Free Culture throughout the department
- Professional workplace practices
- RITE model orientation in police academy recruit training
- Learn to avoid ‘Block-Out Syndrome’ on 95% of calls
- Emergency Response to Block Out (Step In, Tap Out, Take Over)
- De-escalation Communication with Behavioral Self Control
- Certificate of license to teach RITE in agency
- Accredited by IADLEST, highest standard of LE training
- Learn to use and teach all the RITE Tools – Required Tools for all students, are the KEY to RITE Training and departmental accountability
- Includes RITE Instructor Manual, Trainer Tools, Materials, multiple Power Points, Teaching aids, RITE Instructor Certificate and More!
RITE Articles to Learn from and Share:
Duty to Intervene during Block-out – Article Link
Policing is affected by Officer Implicit Issues – Article Link
6 Signs a Bully is causing your Workplace Harassment Issues Article Link
Professional Workplace Culture is Reducing Police Misconduct – Article Link
Who can attend?
- Law Enforcement Trainers
- Corrections Trainers
- Fire Department Trainers
7:45 Registration and Coffee
8:00 – 11:50 am Morning session
12:00 – 1:00 pm Lunch Break
1:00 – 4:00 pm Afternoon session
- February 3
- February 4
- Event Categories:
- EVENTS, Professional Workplace Culture, RITE Train-the-trainer
- Event Tags:
- Austin ISD Police Department, Austin Police Officers, Community Policing, Elements of Entitlement, Hot Buttons, implicit bias training, Mental Looping, Negative Banter, Professional Workplace Culture, Professional Workplace Training, RITE Trainers class, RITE Workplace LEADERSHIP, Rumors and Gossip, Unprofessional Behavior, Workplace Harassment Issues