1. OVERVIEW of RITE Training
Since 2015, RITE Academy has taught over 1200 public service agencies, trained over 975 RITE Trainers, and provided over 550,000 training tools to help our public servants.
Let’s face it, this can be a hard job, and we have to do more to help our public servants with career resiliency while protecting the tenants of the profession.
We are proud to say that our training class have been voted many different times on 360 evaluations as being the most helpful training class employees have had in their whole career. Even 20-year veterans in the profession have said, I wish I could have had this class 20 years ago, and how the RITE Tools helped them personally and even into retirement years.
RITE focuses on your officer’s well-being. When we can help the officer, they can better help others.
Taking officer wellness for granted can turn negative. Those toxic behaviors can be spreading RUMORS and gossip, BULLYING others, and even creating a HOSTILE work environment. These elements bring department MORALE down.
RITE Professional Workplace Training and Tools (like our New Day and Ladder) help your agency restore and maintain the integrity you expect, while holding EVERYONE accountable to their actions. Most important, is that you are sending a message to the troops… We care about everyone’s WELL-BEING.
RITE has the all in one complete package. We provide Leadership Class, Train-the-trainer, training manuals, PowerPoints, certificate, student tools, banners, agency posters, and even roll call cards.
Check-the-box training goes in one ear, and out the other, especially if it’s not given by someone that understands the day-to-day pressures of your environment. We do… because that’s ALL we do! Most often, changes are noticed the same day of training.
Career Resiliency, Professional Workplace, and Officer Well-Being for everyone!
2. LEADERSHIP TRAINING
RITE Leadership Training teaches critical components of both Emotional Intelligence (EI), and Social Intelligence (SI), combined with the RITE Tools, needed to improve leadership skills. This combination is what drives individual performance, towards team success. Leaders learn to define their “Why” to help all employees thrive.
Check-the-box training goes in one ear, and out the other, especially if it’s not given by someone that understands the day-to-day pressures of your environment. We do… because that’s ALL we do!
Since 2015, RITE Academy has worked for over 1100 public service agencies, 975 RITE Trainers, and 550,000 EI Tools to help office well-being. What RITE is most proud of….. is what we have done for building department MORALE thru improved Emotional Intelligence.
Agencies using the RITE program have seen a 65% reduction in use-of-force, 60% reduction in complaints, and 50% increase in compliments.
3. CRITICAL Needs, every Agency needs
RITE programs provide:
- Added department value with officer well-being
- Understanding signs of career burnout, PTS(D), CCTS, and other mental health
- Help set up or add to PEER Support Groups. and
- Support other groups like CIT, Mental Health Advocates, Chaplins, Specialty Teams, (SWAT, Hostage Negotiations), FTO, Academy, In-Service Training.
- De-escalation communication and resiliency awareness
- Understanding the signs of Blockout Syndrome, and use of Duty to Intervene
- Emotional Intelligence (EI) helps the officer with emotional awareness and behavioral self-control when engaging with the public.
- Social Intelligence (SI) Training – helps identify better outcomes using conflict management techniques and empathy communication training.
- RITE Unique tools – combination of EI and SI with the RITE Tools, give employee’s the ability to work on their own well-being. Help them realize they may need more mental support – (Peer Support, Counseling) – Suicide Proactive Prevention
The RITE training provides critical needs for all Public Service Professionals putting Officer Wellness on the front line. By helping the officer improve on a personal level (mentally and physically), the profession follows.
4. EVENTS and W9 Form
RITE programs address:
You can find most scheduled training events on RITE’s EVENT page. All event details, location, agenda, hotel information and registration can be found in the individual training you want to attend.
Our W9 can be found on the bottom of each event page or just CLICK the W-9 image.
5. RITE Certificates
RITE is IADLEST NCP certified, which most states recognize. On top of that our training has been individually state-approved for CE credits (and has taught officers in) FL, MO, OH, PA, MD, RI, NH, CT, MA, TX, MS, OK, NC, IL, and GA.
POST – In a nutshell, when a host department needs other paper work filled out to insure their officers receive the proper credit, we are happy to provide that.
EDWOB – Woman–owned, operated, and controlled business
RITE Academy, a global provider of Emotional, Mindful, and Racial Intelligence™ corporate leadership training services, received its certification as a Women Business Enterprise (WBE) by National Women Business Owners Corporation (NWBOC), the oldest third party certifier of women owned business in the United States. This certification affirms that RITE Academy is a woman–owned, operated, and controlled business.
RITE Training Data
Since 2015, RITE Academy has provided training to over 1200 agencies, 975 RITE Train-the-Trainers, 550,000 RITE Tool Kits for employees.
RITE Training was voted to be the Best Training students had ever had from academy and in-service evaluations, and department-wide 360 evaluations. Even 20 year veterans said they wished they had this training earlier in their career to help with mental health issues.
RITE Training comes complete with:
- RITE Handbook – used in the training and for the open-book exam
- Pre and Post Examination
- RITE Pledge – Optional for Department Accountability
- Sign In Sheets – proof of attendance
- Take-away TOOLS for each class participant (Accountability Tools for Agency)
- RITE Certificates of Completion
- RITE Training Banners – For the Training or Roll Call Room
- RITE EI Ladder Posters of other areas around the agency
- RITE Supervisor Cards – for 1st-line staff to reinforce importance of officer wellness
- RITE Stickers for community and youth programs
- Peer Support Development and Support of CIT, Mental Health Advocates, Chaplains, Specialty Teams (SWAT, Hostage Negotiations), FTO’s, Academies, and In-service Trainers.
- Assist with SOP review, departmental accountability standards, Media Campaign, and Community Forum Plan.
- Additional items for instructors and students on our PRODUCTS page like: RITE Gratitude Coins, Large instructor banners, RITE Kits. Even the best training can be forgotten if not reinforced.
- RITE Academy has taught: Police, Fire, EMS, Corrections, 911 Operators, Military, Government, City, State, and Federal. RITE Academy is solely dedicated to helping public servants be the best that they can be through their whole career.
- RITE Program goes way beyond the Training: Changing lives for the better
RITE training continues to inspire well after the training ends, with the use of our unique Tool Kit. Students will use their own tools in the training (i.e.: De-escalation Communication & Resiliency Awareness), and continue using them well after the training ends. RITE Tool Kits are for the student to keep, and use at home and work, or when they need it the most… Suicide Proactive Prevention
Click the RITE Tool Kit – Learn what truly makes our training as unique as your officers
7. Videos and Testimonials
CLICK the image to see videos from our leadership and instructor Training classes. These videos were not rehearsed or canned, as these are voluntary testimonials taken just after the class ended.
You’ll find great motivational videos from #WhyIWearTheBadge, Steve Jobs and others. Videos inspire us, Feel free to share them with your family and agency.