Professional Workplace Culture
Spreading RUMORS and gossip, BULLYING others, creating a HOSTILE work environment… these are all elements that bring department MORALE way down. RITE Professional Workplace Training and Tools (like our New Day and Ladder) help your agency restore and maintain the integrity you expect, holding EVERYONE accountable to their actions.
Check-the-box training goes in one ear, and out the other, especially if it’s not given by someone that understands the day-to-day pressures of your environment. We do… because that’s ALL we do!
Most often, changes are noticed the same day of training. Doing the RITE Thing, becomes a company message that says, ”We are a bias-free environment with zero tolerance for unprofessional work-place behavior.”
Half and full-day Professional Workplace Culture training covers: Harassment Awareness, TOXIC Employees, internal Rumors and GOSSIP, as well as building department MORALE thru improved Emotional Intelligence.
“Racial Intelligence (RI) is the practice of using Emotional Intelligence (EI), and Social Intelligence (SI), with the use of RITE Tools, to treat ourselves and others fairly.”
RITE goes beyond the typical Cultural Diversity and Inclusion, and focuses on improving officer wellness and communication, increasing departmental morale, and building community policing and trust.
The goal is to become aware of one’s own emotions (EI), to improve situational awareness when engaging with others (SI), and to create diversity and inclusion skills that help to de-escalate whenever possible.
RITE Leadership Training teaches leaders the critical components of both Emotional Intelligence (EI), and Social Intelligence (SI), combined with the RITE Tools, needed to improve leadership skills. This combination is what drives individual performance, towards team success. We help Leaders define what their “Why” is to be a more effective leader. This in-turn helps employees thrive, and increases recruiting skills.
Great leaders have Emotional Intelligence (EI)
Emotional Intelligence is being aware of our emotions, and to acknowledge that emotions can drive behavior that impacts others (positively and negatively). Social Intelligence is how we effectively navigate and negotiate all social relationships and situations.
The RITE Tools (like the Emotional Energy Ladder), makes us aware of our emotions, how we affect others, and that only we have the power to make those changes. Great leadership is doing the RITE thing.
Emotional & Social Intelligence inside the RITE Model – De-escalation thru Verbal Communication
Emotional Intelligence (EI) is learning to become aware of our emotions, and to acknowledge that emotions drive behavior that can impact others (positively and negatively). Learning to manage our emotions, in the moment, is crucial.
RITE teaches key components of Emotional Intelligence that includes: Emotional Self-Awareness, Behavioral Self-Control, and Ethics and Integrity. This combination helps to improve the public service professional’s EI, at work as well as at home. Improved de-escalation and cultural diversity awareness starts with EI.
Social Intelligence (SI) is how we effectively navigate and negotiate all social relationships and situations. Learning and using your EI, is beneficial to improving your SI.
RITE teaches key components of Social Intelligence that includes: Situational Awareness, Empathy Communication, and Conflict Management. RITE uses unique social skill-building lessons that help to improve the public service professionals SI, on the street, in the department, and at home. Working on one’s Social Intelligence, improves de-escalation communication.
Critical needs that the RITE programs address are:
- De-escalation and resiliency awareness – techniques that awaken implicit bias.
- Emotional Intelligence (EI) Training – helps the officer recognize emotional awareness and behavioral self-control, that helps when engaging with the public.
- Social Intelligence (SI) Training – helps identify better outcomes using conflict management techniques and empathy communication training.
- Unique tools – combination of EI and SI with the RITE Tools, helps identify cultural differences, and bias-based awareness.
The RITE training provides critical needs for all Public Service Professionals putting Officer Wellness on the front line. By helping the officer improve on a personal level (mentally and physically), the profession follows.
You can find all of our scheduled training events on RITE’s EVENT DATES page. All event details, location, agenda, hotel information and registration can be found in the individual training you want to attend.
Our W9 can be found on the bottom of each event page or just CLICK the W-9 image.
You can pay by Agency check, Credit card, or Purchase order.
- Find the EVENT you want to register for at https://riteacademy.com/events
- Scroll down past REGISTRATION NOW
- Registration Form: Fill in ALL the information and Check your payment option
- If paying by credit card, a payment link will be emailed within 24 hours
- If payment by purchase order, please indicate that in the NOTES section and EMAIL the PO document to email@example.com
SUBMIT REGISTRATION FORM – To get ALL names Registered[You know it went thru if you get the message… “Thank You For Registering!”
Phone Inquiries: (561) 444-8704 Fax: (561) 342-7115 | Email: Training@riteacademy.com
NOTE: Registration is confirmed when payment is made. PO must be emailed to us before attending training.
RITE Academy, a global provider of Emotional, Mindful, and Racial Intelligence™
Supplier Connection is an initiative to grow small or diverse businesses and create jobs in the United States. Powered by IBM, cloud-based business-to-business community.
It enables collaboration between small or diverse businesses and the supply chains of Fortune 500 corporations, mid-market firms, and other enterprises.
At RITE we don’t believe in “one and done” training. You wouldn’t learn to shoot a gun and not have the ability to practice it, so why go to a training that doesn’t give you TOOLS to practice with? RITE gives the student key tools to continue the work after the training is completed.
Racial Intelligence Training comes complete with the following:
- RITE Handbook – used in the training and for the open-book exam
- Pre and Post Examination
- Racial Intelligence Pledge – student acknowledges departments cultural diversity action plan
- Take-away TOOLS for each class participant
- RITE Certificates of Completion
- Racial Intelligence Training Banners – For the Training or Roll Call Room
- RITE Supervisor Cards – for 1st-line staff to reinforce the departments cultural diversity action plan.
- RITE Stickers for community and youth programs
- Cultural Diversity action plan to include SOP, departmental accountability standards, Media Campaign, and Community Forum Plan.
- Additional items for instructors and students can be found on our PRODUCTS page like: RITE Gratitude Coins, Large instructor banners, RITE Kits
Even the best training can be forgotten if not reinforced. RITE training continues to inspire well after the training ends, because of our unique RITE Tool Kit. Students will use their own tools in the training (i.e.: De-escalation Communication & Resiliency Awareness), and continue using them well after the training ends. These are for the student to keep, which helps reinforcement.
Racial Intelligence Training offers multiple programs in order to deliver specific training needs for all levels the public service professionals, and the communities in which they serve. Detailed information on OUR PROGRAMS page.
(1) Executive Leadership Course – This 1-day training for the key leaders in your department, teaches the (6) Lessons to Racial Intelligence. Leading others starts with knowing yourself and WHY you do what you do. RITE provides a cultural diversity action plan to include the Leadership handbook, test, tools and pledge that the basic course offers, while incorporating SOP cultural diversity, accountability standards, media campaign, and a fully inclusive cultural diversity action plan. MORE INFO – CLICK (1) DROP DOWN
- Single Agency invoice $8,900 (up to 30 participants)
- Travel fees additional
(2) First Line Supervisor – This 1-day training gives your front-line leaders the Emotional and Social Intelligence, plus RITE tools needed to successfully implement the RITE Model EI+SI=RI. They receive 30 supervisory cards for one-on-one or in team meetings, that helps improve employee performance and curtail inappropriate behavior, as well as to reinforce the department’s cultural action plan. Includes the handbook, test, tools, and pledge. MORE INFO – CLICK (2) DROP DOWN
- Single Agency invoice $8,900 (up to 30 participants)
- Travel fees additional
(3) Train-the-Trainer Course – This 2-day all-inclusive Racial Intelligence training is for instructors of the department. This certifies instructors to teach the RITE program to all department personnel, sworn and non-sworn. Includes everything from the RITE Instructor Manual, Trainer Tools, Materials, Instructor Power Point, Teaching aids, and RITE Instructor Certificate. MORE INFO – CLICK (3) DROP DOWN
- Single Agency invoice $14,000 (max. 30 participants)
- Per trainer fee $150
- Travel fees additional
Trainer fee includes the RITE Premium Trainer Kit, Intelligence Trainer Complete Manuel, materials, hand-outs, Certificate of completion, community campaign, trainer and classroom fees, coffee and light breakfast, water and refreshments.
How to be a RITE Host?
Hosting for us is single agency invoicing. Basically, you would Host us to come in, and if you wish, you can sell seats and collect registrations how you see fit. Or if you want to keep it internal only, that’s your choice.
How to proceed in becoming a Host:
Fill out our Contact page below, and provide as many details to help us start creating a training event that works best for you.
- Fill out the CONTACT page
So YES, we can provide you with an online survey that’s simple to complete, and its FREE to you! Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request your personalized survey.
You’ll also find great motivational videos from #WhyIWearTheBadge, Steve Jobs and others. Videos inspire us, Feel free to share them with your family and agency.
We are happy to share some of our many references with you. These folks have gone thru our Executive Leadership, Train-the-Trainer, Hosted RITE, or all of the above.
Contact Us for a list of references