Professional Workplace and Racial Equity TRAINER JULY 11-12, 2022 (Orlando, FL)
July 11 - July 12
RITE’s Train-the-Trainer Class is in Orlando, Florida. Valencia College, School of Public Safety is the host site on July 11-12, 2022
Registration is OPEN for LAW Enforcement, 911 Communications, Fire Department, and Corrections Trainers. Details and contact info below. Space is limited to the first 35 that register.
Att: FLORIDA Agencies for Guardian Training
RITE Diversity Training is the only Nationally Recognized Diversity Program, NCP certified by IADLEST, providing 12-hours of required Diversity Training to meet the CS/SB 7026 – ‘Coach Aaron Feis Guardian Program’
- Guardian Act 2018 Bill Summaries – LINK
- The Florida Senate Guardian Legislature – LINK
- LINK to Coach Aaron Feis Guardian Program REQUIREMENTS
RITE’s Train-the-Trainer is nationally recognized in encouraging a bias-free workplace. Our classes include a unique combination of emotional intelligence skill-building, that includes years of research to give your employees a sole-source experience that can not be duplicated.
RITE Academy is pleased to provide the 2-day Train-the-Trainer Class on Racial Intelligence and an improved Professional Workplace. Training will be held at the Valencia College, School of Public Safety.
“RITE Training benefits ALL in Public Service”
With proven RESULTS that RITE Training decreases use of force, Racial Intelligence combines Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI), which has been successfully used in corporations for years. This helps your department develop a bias-free community.
Definition of Racial Intelligence: “The practice of using Emotional Intelligence (EI), Social Intelligence (SI), and the RITE Tools, to treat ourselves and others fairly.” Learn more about EI and SI…
How does the RITE model work?
RITE improves the officer’s communication skills (first), so they can engage more effectively with others. Old cultural diversity training (teaching officers what they’re doing wrong) is ineffective in improving police-work. De-escalation techniques, Implicit bias understanding while using EI, empowers the officer with better, more effective decision-making (for themselves and the department). Improved engagement and morale is noticed in the department, and builds Community trust.
Trainers will learn the RITE 3-prong approach:
- Officer Communication Skills: Emotional Intelligence Tools for Resiliency and De-escalation; to use personally and professionally
- Improve the Department: Social Intelligence helps with Bias-free policing, Recruiting, Improve morale, and Accountability
- Build the Community Relations: Bias-free policing will Enhance public trust
The 2-Day Training Overview:
- Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI) modules
- Learn how to control emotions in heightened and pressure situations
- Implicit and Explicit Bias, Hot-Buttons, and PTS-D
- Build EDI, Racial Equity and Bias-Free Culture throughout the department
- Professional workplace practices
- RITE model orientation in police academy recruit training
- Learn to avoid ‘Block-Out Syndrome’ on 95% of calls
- Apply Duty to Intervene (Step In, Tap Out, Take Over)
- De-escalation Communication with Behavioral Self Control
- Certificate of license to teach RITE in agency
- Accredited by IADLEST, highest standard of LE training
- Learn to use and teach all the RITE Tools – Required Tools for all students, are the KEY to RITE Training and departmental accountability
- Includes RITE Instructor Manual, Trainer Tools, Materials, multiple Power Points, Teaching aids, RITE Instructor Certificate and More!
*RITE suggests departments Register at least *(2) trainers for this class; Two are more effective in rolling it out and will give you the back-up trainer(s) if ever needed.
One Registration $895.
3+ Registrations $845.
Includes RITE Instructor Manual, Trainer Tools, Materials, multiple Power Points, Teaching aids, RITE Instructor Certificate and More! Does not include food and hotel expenses.
If you are unable to attend your scheduled class, please email us. You can reschedule for another RITE Training, if at least 14 days before the start date of your scheduled class. Failure to do so, will result in full charge of the course. No refunds once payment is made.
RITE Articles to Learn from and Share:
Duty to Intervene during Block-out – Article Link
Policing is affected by Officer Implicit Issues – Article Link
6 Signs a Bully is causing your Workplace Harassment Issues Article Link
Professional Workplace Culture is Reducing Police Misconduct – Article Link
Who can attend?
- Law Enforcement Trainers
- Fire Department Trainers
- Corrections Trainers
7:45 Registration and Coffee
8:00 – 11:50 am Morning session
12:00 – 1:00 pm Lunch Break
1:00 – 4:00 pm Afternoon session
Hotels Nearby – LINK
Education and Training for Public Safety Professionals
Valencia College School of Public Safety provides comprehensive education, training and resources for our communities’ first responders—helping Central Florida maintain the finest in public safety services to protect its booming visitor and residential populations.
The School of Public Safety houses three major program areas: Criminal Justice, Fire Rescue and Safety and Security. It will train the next generation of public safety professionals using state-of-the-art technology and the latest in simulation training. By offering programs for firefighters, law enforcement, corrections, security officers and homeland security under one umbrella, Valencia will elevate and unify training standards across all divisions of public safety. Read more…