RITE 2-Day Train-the-Trainer @University of Texas Jun 6-7, 2023 @Austin, TX
June 6 - June 7
This is by Invitation ONLY, a 2-Day Trainer’s Class @University of Texas – Austin, TX
REGISTRATION: 2 Sessions are available to register for with a cap of 30. See information below.
RITE’s Train-the-Trainer is nationally recognized in encouraging a bias-free workplace. Our classes include a unique combination of emotional intelligence skill-building, that includes years of research to give your employees a sole-source experience that can not be duplicated.
RITE Training benefits ALL in Public Service
With proven RESULTS that RITE Training decreases use of force, Racial Intelligence combines Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI), which has been successfully used in corporations for years. This helps your department develop a bias-free community.
Definition of Racial Intelligence: “The practice of using Emotional Intelligence (EI), Social Intelligence (SI), and the RITE Tools, to treat ourselves and others fairly.” Learn more about EI and SI…
Trainers will learn the RITE 3-prong approach:
- Officer Communication Skills: Emotional Intelligence Tools for Resiliency and De-escalation; to use personally and professionally
- Improve the Department: Social Intelligence helps with Bias-free policing, Recruiting, Improve morale, and Accountability
- Build the Community Relations: Bias-free policing will Enhance public trust
The 2-Day Training Overview:
- Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI) modules
- Learn how to control emotions in heightened and pressure situations
- Implicit and Explicit Bias, Hot-Buttons, and PTS-D
- Build Racial Equity and Bias-Free Culture throughout the department
- Professional workplace practices
- RITE model orientation in police academy recruit training
- Learn to avoid ‘Block-Out Syndrome’ on 95% of calls
- Emergency Response to Block Out (Step In, Tap Out, Take Over)
- De-escalation Communication with Behavioral Self Control
- Certificate of license to teach RITE in agency
- Accredited by IADLEST, highest standard of LE training
- Learn to use and teach all the RITE Tools – Required Tools for all students, are the KEY to RITE Training and departmental accountability
- Includes RITE Instructor Manual, Trainer Tools, Materials, multiple Power Points, Teaching aids, RITE Instructor Certificate and More!
*RITE suggests departments Register at least *(2) trainers for this class; Two are more effective in rolling it out and will give you the back-up trainer(s) if ever needed.
RITE in the Media:
RITE Articles to Learn from and Share:
Duty to Intervene during Block-out – Article Link
Policing is affected by Officer Implicit Issues – Article Link
6 Signs a Bully is causing your Workplace Harassment Issues Article Link
Professional Workplace Culture is Reducing Police Misconduct – Article Link
7:45 Registration and Coffee
8:00 – 11:50 am Morning session
12:00 – 1:00 pm Lunch Break
1:00 – 4:00 pm Afternoon session
110 Inner Campus Drive
Austin, TX 78705
Austin, TX 78705
The University of Texas at Austin Police Department (UTPD) is a state police agency that employs more than 100 sworn officers. It is a fully-functioning, accredited state police agency serving the UT community 24 hours a day. UTPD includes an investigative division, K-9 teams, bicycle teams and its own 911 dispatch center.
Integrity – the cornerstone of police work-without it public trust is lost
Courage – to make the right professional decision
Accountable – to the community, department and superiors
Respect – of the whole community, the department and most importantly…self
Ethical – in terms of professional actions and decision making