Racial Intelligence TRAINERS Class @Worcester Fire Dept. MAR 30-31, 2021 (Worcester, MA)
March 30 - March 31
RITE Train-the-Trainer Class
RITE’s Professional Workplace Training is nationally recognized in encouraging a bias-free workplace. Our classes include a unique combination of emotional intelligence skill-building, that includes years of research to give your employees a sole-source experience that can not be duplicated.
RITE Academy is pleased to provide Professional Workplace Trainer’s Class for Worcester Fire Department The Training will be conducted March 30-31, 2021, and is a closed training for WFD only.
Racial Equity Expands Fairness and Justice to All
RITE’s Train-the-Trainer is nationally recognized in encouraging a bias-free workplace, that includes racial equity inside and outside the agency. Our classes include a combination of emotional and social intelligence skill-building with unique accountability Tools. Years of research along with hands-on training, give your employees a sole-source experience that is unmatched.
“Officer training cannot be done the same way we did in the 1980’s. In order to build racial equity that includes fairness and justice, we need to change how we do things, from leadership on down.” ~ Linda Webb
Read the article on Racial Equity HERE
“RITE Training benefits ALL (Fire, Police, Corrections) in Public Service”
Why RITE Training works for ALL in Public Service
RITE’s critical components of both Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI), helps all in public service, improve communication on many levels. These classes help to improve resiliency awareness, as well as personal and professional relationships.
Emotional Intelligence is being aware of our emotions, and to acknowledge that emotions can drive behavior that impacts others (positively and negatively). Social Intelligence is how we effectively navigate and negotiate all social relationships and situations.
RITE Tools, like the Emotional Energy Ladder (in this photo), makes us aware of our emotions, how we affect others, and that only we have the power to make those changes.
Anger, Hate, and Blame, lives at the bottom of the RITE Ladder. Although we all can feel those emotions during our day, learning how to control them, is key to great leadership. Bias-free engagement, lives at the top of the Ladder with Love, Gratitude, Joy, and Confidence.
A safe workplace, free of all types of harassment starts with doing the RITE thing, and helping others do the same. Improved communication starts here.
Racial Intelligence is: “The practice of using Emotional Intelligence (EI), Social Intelligence (SI) and the RITE Tools (RI), to treat ourselves and others fairly.”
Trainers will learn the RITE 3-prong approach:
- Officer Communication Skills: Emotional Intelligence Tools for Resiliency and De-escalation; to use personally and professionally
- Improve the Department: Social Intelligence helps with Bias-free engagement, Recruiting, Improve morale, and Accountability
- Build the Community Relations: Enhance public trust
The 2-Day Training Overview:
- (6) Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI) modules
- Insight to controlling emotions in heightened and pressure situations
- Accountability Tools Kit: RITE Ladder, New Day, Block-out Stop-light chart, + more
- Implicit and Explicit Bias, Hot-Buttons, and PTS-D
- Create Bias-Free Culture throughout the department
- Professional workplace practices
- Racial Equity inside and outside the agency
- Learn to avoid ‘Block-Out Syndrome’ on 95% of calls
- Emergency Response to Block Out (Step In, Tap Out, Take Over)
- De-escalation Communication with Behavioral Self Control
- Certificate of license to teach RITE in agency
- Accredited by IADLEST, highest standard of LE training
- RITE Tools – Required for all students and are the KEY to departmental accountability
Includes RITE Instructor Manual, Trainer Tools, Materials, multiple Power Points, Teaching aids, RITE Instructor Certificate and More!
RITE helps reinforce the company culture of treating everyone fairly, in a professional manner. Learning to Value others, is key to building a professional workplace, that will be passed on for years to come.
RITE Articles to Learn from and Share:
7:45 Registration and Coffee
8:00 – 11:50 am Morning session
12:00 – 1:00 pm Lunch Break
1:00 – 4:00 pm Afternoon session
Worcester Fire Department
141 Grove Street
Worcester, MA 01605
Contact and Registration
The Worcester Fire Department provides fire protection and life safety services to an area encompassing 39 square miles, and a population of 182,000. The diversity in scope of protection in this area ranges from densely populated multi-family dwellings; to office high rise buildings and a mixture of manufacturing and industrial complexes. Also, several major state highways pass through the City, producing potential hazards of undetermined proportions, due to the nature of the materials traveling along the highways. Read more…