- This event has passed.
Racial Intelligence TRAINERS Class @MATC MAY 25-26, 2021 (MILWAUKEE, WI)
May 25 - May 26
This invitation-only RITE TRAINERS Class is being offered in partnership with the MATC Public Safety Department, to select police department Trainers in the region.
RITE Academy is pleased to provide Racial Intelligence with an improved Professional Workplace. This 2-day train-the-trainer class will be held on May 25-26, 2021. Contact registration, and location information are below.
Racial Equity Expands Fairness and Justice to All
RITE classes are nationally recognized in encouraging a bias-free workplace, that includes racial equity inside and outside the agency. Our classes include a combination of emotional and social intelligence skill-building with unique accountability Tools. Years of research along with hands-on training, give your employees a sole-source experience that is unmatched.
“Training cannot be done the same way we did in the 1980’s. In order to build racial equity that includes fairness and justice, we need to change how we do things, from leadership on down.” ~ Linda Webb
Read the article on Racial Equity HERE
“RITE Training benefits ALL in Public Service”
With proven RESULTS that RITE Training decreases use of force, Racial Intelligence combines Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI), which has been successfully used in corporations for years. This helps your department develop a bias-free community.
Definition of Racial Intelligence: “The practice of using Emotional Intelligence (EI), Social Intelligence (SI), and the RITE Tools, to treat ourselves and others fairly.” Learn more about EI and SI…
Trainers will learn the RITE 3-prong approach:
- Officer Communication Skills: Emotional Intelligence Tools for Resiliency and De-escalation; to use personally and professionally
- Improve the Department: Social Intelligence helps with Bias-free policing, Recruiting, Improved morale, and Accountability
- Build the Community Relations: Bias-free policing will Enhance public trust
The 2-Day Training Overview:
- (6) Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI) modules
- Insight to controlling emotions in heightened and pressure situations
- Accountability Tools: RITE Ladder, New Day, Block-out, + more
- Implicit and Explicit Bias, Hot-Buttons, and PTS-D
- Create Bias-Free Culture throughout the department
- Professional workplace practices
- Racial Equity inside and outside the agency
- Learn to avoid ‘Block-Out Syndrome’ on 95% of calls
- Emergency Response to Block Out (Step In, Tap Out, Take Over)
- De-escalation Communication with Behavioral Self Control
- Certificate of license to teach RITE in agency
- Accredited by IADLEST, highest standard of LE training
- RITE Tools – Required for all students; KEYS to departmental accountability
Includes RITE Instructor Manual, Trainer Tools, Materials, multiple Power Points, Teaching aids, RITE Instructor Certificate and More!
RITE Articles to Learn from and Share:
Duty to Intervene during Block-out – Article Link
Policing is affected by Officer Implicit Issues – Article Link
6 Signs a Bully is causing your Workplace Harassment Issues Article Link
Professional Workplace Culture is Reducing Police Misconduct – Article Link
RITE Training in the Media:
RITE Articles to Learn from and Share:
7:45 Registration and Networking
8:00 – 11:50 am Morning session
12:00 – 1:00 pm Lunch Break
1:00 – 4:00 pm Afternoon session
Training Time and Location
MILWAUKEE AREA TECHNICAL COLLEGE
700 W. State Street
Milwaukee, WI 53233
Contact and Registration
The MATC Public Safety Department works to create and maintain a safe campus environment for students, employees and visitors. While our main office is at the Downtown Milwaukee campus, we have offices at all four campuses and the Education Center at Walker’s Square. Public Safety officers are available to respond to requests for assistance at any MATC campus.
- May 25
- May 26
- Event Categories:
- EVENTS, RITE Train-the-trainer
- Event Tags:
- Community Policing, Elements of Entitlement, Hot Buttons, implicit bias training, Mental Looping, MILWAUKEE WI police, Negative Banter, Professional Workplace Culture, Professional Workplace Training, Racial Equity policing, RITE Workplace LEADERSHIP, Rumors and Gossip, Unprofessional Behavior, Workplace Harassment Issues