- This event has passed.
Racial Intelligence 2-Day TRAINER: MAR 13-14, 2018 (Perry, GA)
March 13, 2018 - March 14, 2018
Chief Steve Lynn and Perry Police Department are hosting. Perry, GA is 90 miles from ATL Airport. Approval submitted to GA POST for 16 credit hours
The Train-the-Trainer Racial Intelligence Course is the most progressive cultural diversity training on the market today, because it helps the officer understand their EI and SI which improves communication, towards a bias-free department. Racial Intelligence combines Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI), which has been successfully used in corporations for years.
Definition of Racial Intelligence: “The practice of using Emotional Intelligence (EI), Social Intelligence (SI), and the RITE Tools, to treat ourselves and others fairly.” Learn more about EI and SI here…
How does the RITE model work?
OLD cultural diversity training (teaching officers what they’re doing wrong) is ineffective in improving police-work. RITE improves the officer’s communication skills (first), so they can engage more effectively with others. Mindfulness training with De-escalation techniques, Implicit bias understanding while using EI, empowers the officer with better, more effective decision-making (for themselves and the department). Improved engagement and morale is noticed in the department, and builds Community trust.
Trainers will learn the RITE 3-prong approach:
- Officer Communication Skills: Emotional Intelligence Tools for Resiliency and De-escalation; to use personally and professionally
- Improve the Department: Social Intelligence helps with Bias-free policing, Recruiting, Improve morale, and Accountability
- Build the Community Relations: Bias-free policing will Enhance public trust
2-minute Videos from RITE Certified Train-the-Trainers:[huge_it_videogallery id=”4″]
The 2-Day Training Overview:
- (6) key modules of Emotional (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI)
- Trainers become Certified to teach “RITE Officer Wellness Course” (4 CEU)
- Certified to teach the (6) RITE principles for improved officer wellness and mindfulness
- Learn to use and teach (4) RITE Tools – Tools are the KEY to RITE Training
- How to use (3) large instructor banners for teaching and roll call motivation
- Includes RITE Instructor Manual, Trainer Tools, Materials, Instructor Power Point, Teaching aids, RITE Instructor Certificate and More!
- *(2) RITE staff trainers teach with various concepts, videos, stories and teaching styles
*RITE suggests departments Register at least *(2) trainers for this class; Two are more effective in rolling it out, and will give you the back-up trainer(s) if ever needed.
Captain James Buck
Community Services & Training
Perry Police Department
8:00 Registration and Coffee
8:15 – 11:45 am Morning session
11:45 – 12:45 pm Lunch Break
1:00 – 4:00 pm Afternoon session
$824 pp. For 1 or 2 from the same agency
$749 pp. Discounted for 3 or more from same agency
Per person fee includes the RITE Premium Trainer Kit ($99), Instructor’s Racial Intelligence Complete Manual, Teaching power point complete with all videos, RITE materials, hand-outs, Certificate of completion, Student certificates, Student exam, trainer and classroom fees, coffee and light breakfast, water and refreshments.
If you are unable to attend your scheduled class, please email us. You may reschedule for another RITE Training, if at least 14 days before the start date of your scheduled class. Failure to do so, will result in full charge of the course.