- This event has passed.
Emotional and Social Intelligence LEADERSHIP: MAY 21, 2019 (Yeadon, PA)
Chief Anthony Paparo and Yeadon Police Department, is the Host agency, and is only 5 miles from Philadelphia Airport.
Emotional and Social Intelligence Leadership
This leadership course is highly recommended for improving effective leadership and mentorship within your department. Emotional Intelligence improves risk mitigation and starts with knowing how we can control our emotions instead of them controlling us . This course can not only help decrease issues around you, it will increase Leadership skills to a new level.
This one-day training is for command staff, Executive leaders, as well as Officers moving up the ranks. This advanced Leaders class, combes (6) key modules of Emotional and Social Intelligence which has been improving officer’s lives on a professional as well as personal level. This training provides an understanding of Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI) that helps the person, the department, and the community they serve:
- Improves Communication (for work and home-life balance)
- Builds Morale in the department
- Enhances Guardian Leadership in the agency and the community
With proven RESULTS that RITE Training decreases use of force, Racial Intelligence combines Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI), which has been successfully used in corporations for years. This helps your department develop a bias-free community.
Definition of Racial Intelligence: “The practice of using Emotional Intelligence (EI), Social Intelligence (SI), and the RITE Tools, to treat ourselves and others fairly.” Learn more about EI and SI…
The RITE Model
RITE improves the officer’s communication skills (first), so they can engage more effectively with others. Old diversity training (teaching officers what they’re doing wrong) is ineffective in improving police-work. Improved engagement and morale is noticed in the department, and ultimately builds Community trust.
Leaders will learn the RITE 3-prong approach:
- Officer Communication Skills: Emotional Intelligence Tools for Career Resiliency and De-escalation; to use personally and professionally
- Improve the Department: Social Intelligence helps with Bias-free policing, Recruiting, Improved morale, and Accountability
- Build the Community Relations: Bias-free policing will Enhance public trust
Goals and Objectives:
- Learning how to use EI and SI tools for better Leadership
- Emotional Intelligence and Mindfulness – Making the connection
- De-escalation and Miscommunication awareness – The 3-EI approach
- Improving Employee Wellness – Keys to Resiliency
- Uncover Implicit bias, PTSD, and Stress-related issues
- Building Community Inclusion and Trust – Working with community leaders
- Full-day class filled with insightful, engaging lessons, videos, laughter and learning!
RITE in the Media:
TEDx on RITE – Use of Voice not Force by Sgt Jones
CBS 8 Selma, Alabama DOC – the missing link to officer training
Fox 19 News – Middletown officers train in Racial Intelligence
Police Departments get Positive Press Coverage www.goo.gl/UeMaHx – (TV Interview)
Officers Police themselves back up LADDER https://goo.gl/VBRdjm
Racial Intelligence Training at Notre Dame College www.goo.gl/bGOKJX
Community Policing is climbing above the burden of Hate www.goo.gl/DG6sSI
8:00 – 8:15 am Registration and Coffee
8:15 – 11:45 am Morning session
11:45 – 12:45 pm Lunch Break
12:45 – 4:00 pm Afternoon session
$294 pp. Discounted for 3 or more from same agency
Per person fee includes the RITE materials, hand-outs, Certificate of completion, trainer and classroom fees, coffee and light breakfast, water and refreshments.
If you are unable to attend your scheduled class, please email us. You may reschedule for another RITE Training, if at least 14 days before the start date of your scheduled class. Failure to do so, will result in full charge of the course.
Yeadon Police Department
600 Church Lane, 1st Floor
Yeadon PA 19050
– Ask for Government / Military for best discount –
PHL – Philadelphia International Airport
This class has been postponed until Fall 2019. Please Email Chief Paparo to add your agency to the list of attendees. APaparo@yeadonpd.org