- This event has passed.
RITE Harassment Training @Richmond Police Dept. MAY 29, 2019 (Richmond, TX)
May 29, 2019 - May 30, 2019
Harassment in the Workplace
RITE Emotional Intelligence & Harassment Training for Richmond Police Dept. will be conducted over (3) half-day sessions. This private training is by invitation only by Richmond Police Chief Gary Adams. Originally designed for police and corrections departments, RITE Academy has delivered training to multiple government agencies, universities, corporate clients and NGOs.
Richmond Mission Statement
Our mission is to provide fair and impartial service, while working with the community to improve the quality of life for all. We strive to do the right thing, for the right reason, in every situation.
Pro-active steps towards Richmond’s Values
RPD has taken proactive measures to give their police officers RITE training and tools. This class will help improve communication, reduce any bias-based policing, harassment, and inappropriate behavior of any kind. Teaching critical components of both Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI), improves resiliency awareness, as well as personal and professional relationships.
With proven RESULTS that RITE Training decreases use of force, our classes combine Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI), which has been successfully used in high-pressure jobs for years. This helps your department build bias-free policing within the community.
Emotional Intelligence is being aware of our emotions, and to acknowledge that emotions can drive behavior that impacts others (positively and negatively). Social Intelligence is how we effectively navigate and negotiate all social relationships and situations.
RITE Tools, like the Emotional Energy Ladder (in this photo), makes us aware of our emotions, how we affect others, and that only we have the power to make those changes. Racism lives at the bottom of the Ladder with Hate. Bias-free lives at the top of the Ladder with Love, Gratitude and Joy.
A safe workplace, free of all types of harassment starts with doing the RITE thing, and helping others do the same.
Racial Intelligence is: “The practice of using Emotional Intelligence (EI), Social Intelligence (SI) and the RITE Tools to treat ourselves and others fairly.”
Goals and Objectives:
This course is designed to educate officers on harassment and offer guidance on how to identify and eliminate harassment inside and outside the department. By the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Identify different types of workplace harassment
- Analyze situations and determine the existence of harassment
- List practical examples of verbal, non-verbal, and physical harassment
- Identify organizational factors that impact the amount, type, and severity of harassment
- Appropriately address harassment complaints
- Learn how to use EI and SI tools that embrace diversity and inclusion
- Emotional Intelligence and Mindfulness – Problems into solutions
- De-escalation communication awareness – The 3-EI approach
- Identify different types of Implicit bias that lead to harassment
RITE Training in the Media:
RITE Training Articles:
Officers Police themselves back up LADDER https://goo.gl/VBRdjm
Racial Intelligence Training at Notre Dame College www.goo.gl/bGOKJX
Community Policing is climbing above the burden of Hate www.goo.gl/DG6sSI –
Wednesday May 28
Session 1 8:00a – 12:00p
Session 2 1:00p – 5:0p
Wednesday May 29
Session 3 8:00a – 12:00p
600 Preston Street
Richmond, TX 77469
- May 29, 2019
- May 30, 2019
- Event Categories:
- EVENTS, RITE Leadership Training
- Event Tags:
- diversity and inclusion, Emotional Intelligence, harassment awareness, harassment complaints, implicit bias, Police Chief Gary Adams, police harassment, richmond texas Police Department, sexual harassment, Social Intelligence
- Richmond Police Department
600 Preston Street
Richmond, TX 77469 United States + Google Map
- (281) 342-2849