- This event has passed.
Emotional and Social Intelligence LEADERSHIP for OPOTA: JUL 1-2, 2019 (Columbus, OH)
July 1, 2019 - July 2, 2019
Professional Workplace Culture
This is a Private Training for OPOTA
RITE Emotional & Social Intelligence Leadership Training for OPOTA will be conducted over two days. This private training is by invitation only by OPOTA Executive Director, Jeffrey Scott. Originally designed for police and corrections departments, RITE Academy has delivered training to multiple government agencies, universities, corporate clients and NGOs.
Ohio Peace Officer Training Academy (OPOTA)
The Ohio Peace Officer Training Academy houses both Commission and Academy staff. Commission staff oversees training requirements and curriculum for peace officers, private security, local corrections, jail personnel, K-9 units, and humane agents, in addition to firearms programs for public defender investigators, bailiffs, probation officers, and parole officers. They also oversee certification standards of peace officers. Academy staff provides instruction in basic, advanced, and technical subjects for the Ohio law enforcement community using the latest research and recommended professional practices.
RITE has proven Results
With proven RESULTS that RITE Training decreases use of force (amongst many other things), our classes combine Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI), which has been successfully used in high-pressure jobs for years.
Teaching critical components of both Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI), improves resiliency awareness, as well as personal and professional relationships.
Emotional Intelligence is being aware of our emotions, and to acknowledge that emotions can drive behavior that impacts others (positively and negatively). Social Intelligence is how we effectively navigate and negotiate all social relationships and situations.
RITE Tools, like the Emotional Energy Ladder (in this photo), makes us aware of our emotions, how we affect others, and that only we have the power to make those changes. Racism lives at the bottom of the Ladder with Hate. Bias-free lives at the top of the Ladder with Love, Gratitude and Joy.
A safe workplace, free of all types of harassment starts with doing the RITE thing, and helping others do the same.
Racial Intelligence is: “The practice of using Emotional Intelligence (EI), Social Intelligence (SI) and the RITE Tools to treat ourselves and others fairly.”
The RITE Model
RITE improves the officer’s communication skills (first), so they can engage more effectively with others. Old diversity training (teaching officers what they’re doing wrong) is ineffective in improving police-work. Improved engagement and morale is noticed in the department, and ultimately builds Community trust.
Leaders learn the RITE 3-prong approach:
- Officer Communication Skills: Emotional Intelligence Tools for Career Resiliency and De-escalation; to use personally and professionally
- Improve the Department: Social Intelligence helps with Bias-free policing, Recruiting, Improved morale, and Accountability
- Build the Community Relations: Bias-free policing will Enhance public trust
Goals and Objectives:
- Professional Workplace Culture objectives with Emotional Intelligence
- How to mitigate Harassment and unacceptable behavior in the workplace
- Learning to use EI and SI tools for improved Leadership
- De-escalation and Miscommunication awareness – The 3-EI approach
- Improving Employee Wellness – Keys to Resiliency
- Uncover Implicit bias, PTSD, and Stress-related issues
- Building Community Inclusion and Trust – Working with community leaders
- Full-day class filled with insightful, engaging lessons, videos, laughter and learning!
RITE in the Media: LINK to more
TEDx on RITE – Use of Voice not Force by Sgt Jones
CBS 8 Selma, Alabama DOC – the missing link to officer training
Fox 19 News – Middletown officers train in Racial Intelligence
Police Departments get Positive Press Coverage www.goo.gl/UeMaHx – (TV Interview)
RITE Articles: LINK to more
Officers Police themselves back up LADDER https://goo.gl/VBRdjm
Racial Intelligence Training at Notre Dame College www.goo.gl/bGOKJX
Community Policing is climbing above the burden of Hate www.goo.gl/DG6sSI –
OPOTA Main Campus
1650 State Route 56 SW
London, Ohio 43140
- July 1, 2019
- July 2, 2019
- Event Categories:
- EVENTS, RITE Leadership Training
- Event Tags:
- diversity and inclusion, Emotional Intelligence, executive director opota, Harassment, harassment awareness, harassment complaints, implicit bias, Implicit bias and PTSD, opota academy, police harassment, police harassment training, PRIVATE police Training, Professional Workplace Culture, sexual harassment, Social Intelligence, unacceptable workplace behavior
- RITE Academy
- View Organizer Website