- This event has passed.
RITE 2-Day TRAINER @Chicago Police Department: DEC 12-13, 2018 (Chicago, IL)
December 12, 2018 - December 13, 2018
RITE Train-the-Trainer for Chicago PD
This is an exclusive 2-day Train-the-Trainer for Chicago Police Department, Academy and teaching teams only. Originally designed for police and corrections departments, RITE Academy has delivered training to multiple government agencies, military, universities, corporate clients and NGOs.
CPD has taken proactive measures to give their police officers RITE training and tools that will help improve communication and reduce any bias-based tension. Teaching critical components of both Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI), improves resiliency awareness, as well as personal and professional relationships.
Pro-active steps towards Chicago’s Mission
“The Chicago Police Department, as part of, and empowered by, the community, is committed to protect the lives, property, and rights of all people, to maintain order, and to enforce the law impartially.
We will provide quality police service in partnership with other members of the community. To fulfill our mission, we will strive to attain the highest degree of ethical behavior and professional conduct at all times..”
The Racial Intelligence Train-the-Trainer Course is the most progressive diversity training for public service professionals. This training helps the officer understand their Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI) that helps the officer, the department, and the community:
- Improves Communication (for work and home-life balance)
- Builds Morale in the department
- Become a Guardian for the community and in the schools
2-minute Videos from RITE Certified Train-the-Trainers:
RITE Certified Train-the-Trainer Sgt helps Cadet pass fire arms test
With proven RESULTS that RITE Training decreases use of force, Racial Intelligence combines Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI), which has been successfully used in corporations for years. This helps your department develop a bias-free community.
Definition of Racial Intelligence: “The practice of using Emotional Intelligence (EI), Social Intelligence (SI), and the RITE Tools, to treat ourselves and others fairly.” Learn more about EI and SI…
How does the RITE model work?
RITE improves the officer’s communication skills (first), so they can engage more effectively with others. Old cultural diversity training (teaching officers what they’re doing wrong) is ineffective in improving police-work. De-escalation techniques, Implicit bias understanding while using EI, empowers the officer with better, more effective decision-making (for themselves and the department). Improved engagement and morale is noticed in the department, and builds Community trust.
Trainers will learn the RITE 3-prong approach:
- Officer Communication Skills: Emotional Intelligence Tools for Resiliency and De-escalation; to use personally and professionally
- Improve the Department: Social Intelligence helps with Bias-free policing, Recruiting, Improve morale, and Accountability
- Build the Community Relations: Bias-free policing will Enhance public trust
The 2-Day Training Overview:
- (6) key modules of Emotional (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI)
- Trainers become Certified to teach ‘RITE Officer Wellness Course’ (up to 12 hours)
- Certified to teach the (6) RITE principles for improved officer wellness and diversity
- Learn to use and teach (4) RITE Tools – Required Tools are the KEY to RITE Training and departmental accountability
- Use of (3) large instructor banners for teaching and roll call motivation
- Includes RITE Instructor Manual, Trainer Tools, Materials, Instructor Power Point, Teaching aids, RITE Instructor Certificate and More!
- *(2) RITE staff trainers teach with various concepts, videos, stories and teaching styles
*RITE suggests departments Register at least *(2) trainers for this class; Two are more effective in rolling it out and will give you the back-up trainer(s) if ever needed.
7:45 Registration and Coffee
8:00 – 11:50 am Morning session
12:00 – 1:00 pm Lunch Break
1:00 – 4:00 pm Afternoon session
RITE Training in the Media:
RITE Training Articles:
Officers Police themselves back up LADDER https://goo.gl/VBRdjm
Racial Intelligence Training at Notre Dame College www.goo.gl/bGOKJX
Community Policing is climbing above the burden of Hate www.goo.gl/DG6sSI