- This event has passed.
RITE Sexual Harassment and EI Training @Pima Community College Police: DEC 19, 2018 (Tucson, AZ)
December 19, 2018
Sexual Harassment in the Workplace
RITE Sexual Harassment Training @Pima University Police Dept. will be conducted over two half-day sessions. This is a private training open to University Police only. Originally designed for police and corrections departments, RITE Academy has delivered training to multiple government agencies, universities, corporate clients and NGOs.
Pro-active steps towards Pima’s Values
PCC has taken proactive measures to give their police officers RITE training and tools. This class will help improve communication, reduce any bias-based policing, sexual harassment, and inappropriate behavior of any kind. Teaching critical components of both Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI), improves resiliency awareness, as well as personal and professional relationships.
- People: We value our students, employees and the community members we serve, by making decisions that address the needs of those populations.
- Integrity: We make a commitment to academic honesty, personal ethics and institutional decision-making that is based on sound moral principles, accountability and transparency.
- Excellence: We embrace best practices and value high quality services and programs that lead to successful outcomes for our students through evidence-based continuous improvement practices.
- Communication: We are committed to sharing information with internal and external stakeholders in a transparent, timely and meaningful way that is open, honest and civil.
- Collaboration: We encourage teamwork and cooperation within the College and with the community to support student success.
- Open Admissions and Open Access: We value open admissions and access to our programs and services for all who may benefit from them, regardless of where they are starting from or what their final goal may be.
Georgia Chief tells CBS News “Here’s how RITE Training has benefited our Officers and our Community”
Emotional Intelligence is being aware of our emotions, and to acknowledge that emotions can drive behavior that impacts others (positively and negatively). Social Intelligence is how we effectively navigate and negotiate all social relationships and situations.
RITE Tools, like the Emotional Energy Ladder (in this photo), makes us aware of our emotions, how we affect others, and that only we have the power to make those changes. Racism lives at the bottom of the Ladder with Hate. Bias-free lives at the top of the Ladder with Love, Gratitude and Joy.
A safe workplace, free of all types of harassment starts with doing the RITE thing, and helping others do the same.
Racial Intelligence is: “The practice of using Emotional Intelligence (EI), Social Intelligence (SI) and the RITE Tools to treat ourselves and others fairly.”
Goals and Objectives:
This course is designed to educate officers on sexual harassment and offer guidance on how to identify and eliminate harassment in the department. By the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Define sexual harassment
- Identify different types of sexual harassment
- Analyze situations and determine the existence of harassment
- List practical examples of verbal, non-verbal, and physical harassment
- Identify organizational factors that impact the amount, type, and severity of sexual harassment
- Appropriately address sexual harassment complaints
- Learn how to use EI and SI tools that embrace diversity and inclusion
- Emotional Intelligence and Mindfulness – Problems into solutions
- De-escalation communication awareness – The 3-EI approach
- Identify different types of Implicit bias that lead to harassment
RITE Training in the Media:
RITE Training Articles:
Officers Police themselves back up LADDER https://goo.gl/VBRdjm
Racial Intelligence Training at Notre Dame College www.goo.gl/bGOKJX
Community Policing is climbing above the burden of Hate www.goo.gl/DG6sSI –
Session One 8:00a – 12:00p
Session Two 12:30p – 4:30p
- December 19, 2018
- Event Categories:
- EVENTS, Sexual Harassment Training
- Event Tags:
- diversity and inclusion, Emotional Intelligence (EI), harassment awareness, implicit bias, officers sexual harassment, Pima Police Department, RITE Sexual Harassment Training, sexual harassment complaints, Social Intelligence (SI)