Racial Intelligence TRAINERS @Oakland Police Acad. – AP 5-6, 2022 (Auburn Hills, MI)
April 5, 2022 - April 6, 2022
Registration is open for the 2-Day RITE TRAINERS’ Class at Oakland Police Academy. Serving Oakland, Washtenaw, Wayne, Macomb, and Genesee counties.
RITE Academy is pleased to provide Racial Intelligence with an improved Professional Workplace. This 2-day training will be held on APRIL 5-6, 2022. Contact registration, and location information are below.
Racial Equity Expands Fairness and Justice to All
RITE classes are nationally recognized in encouraging a bias-free workplace, that includes racial equity inside and outside the agency. Our classes include a combination of emotional and social intelligence skill-building with unique accountability Tools. Years of research along with hands-on training, give your employees a sole-source experience that is unmatched.
“Training cannot be done the same way we did in the 1980’s. In order to build racial equity that includes fairness and justice, we need to change how we do things, from leadership on down.” ~ Linda Webb
Read the article on Racial Equity HERE
“RITE Training benefits ALL in Public Service”
With proven RESULTS that RITE Training decreases use of force, Racial Intelligence combines Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI), which has been successfully used in corporations for years. This helps your department develop a bias-free community.
Definition of Racial Intelligence: “The practice of using Emotional Intelligence (EI), Social Intelligence (SI), and the RITE Tools, to treat ourselves and others fairly.” Learn more about EI and SI…
Trainers will learn the RITE 3-prong approach:
- Officer Communication Skills: Emotional Intelligence Tools for Resiliency and De-escalation; to use personally and professionally
- Improve the Department: Social Intelligence helps with Bias-free policing, Recruiting, Improved morale, and Accountability
- Build the Community Relations: Bias-free policing will Enhance public trust
The 2-Day Training Overview:
- (6) Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI) modules
- Insight to controlling emotions in heightened and pressure situations
- Accountability Tools: RITE Ladder, New Day, Block-out, + more
- Implicit and Explicit Bias, Hot-Buttons, and PTS-D
- Create Bias-Free Culture throughout the department
- Professional workplace practices
- Racial Equity inside and outside the agency
- Learn to avoid ‘Block-Out Syndrome’ on 95% of calls
- Emergency Response to Block Out (Step In, Tap Out, Take Over)
- De-escalation Communication with Behavioral Self Control
- Certificate of license to teach RITE in agency
- Accredited by IADLEST, highest standard of LE training
- RITE Tools – Required for all students; KEYS to departmental accountability
Includes RITE Instructor Manual, Trainer Tools, Materials, multiple Power Points, Teaching aids, RITE Instructor Certificate and More!
RITE Articles to Learn from and Share:
Duty to Intervene during Block-out – Article Link
Policing is affected by Officer Implicit Issues – Article Link
6 Signs a Bully is causing your Workplace Harassment Issues Article Link
Professional Workplace Culture is Reducing Police Misconduct – Article Link
7:45 Registration and Networking
8:00 – 11:50 am Morning session
12:00 – 1:00 pm Lunch Break
1:00 – 4:00 pm Afternoon session
Auburn Hills, MI 48326-2845
Contact and Registration
ABOUT PUBLIC SAFETY
The Oakland Community College Department of Public Safety provides a full range of law enforcement services to the students, faculty, staff, and visitors to the College properties. The Department is committed to protecting life property and maintaining order while assuring fair and equal treatment to everyone while respecting the cultural and ethnic diversity of the College community. The department was established in July 2002 by the Oakland Community College Board of Trustees.
All of the department’s uniformed officers are fully sworn, have full arrest powers and meet the standards as defined by the Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards (MCOLES).