- This event has passed.
Racial Intelligence 2-Day TRAINER: OCT 3-4, 2017 (Fort Worth, TX)
October 3, 2017 - October 4, 2017
Chief Barbara Childress and the Richland Hills Police Dept. are hosting. Richland Hills, Texas is located 15 miles from DFW Airport. This course is TCOLE Eligible for 16 CEU. Limited class size!!
“This is NOT an 1980’s cultural diversity training. We looked for an easy-to-use training, with better ways for our officers to communicate with the public, and to De-Escalate situations more effectively. RITE Trainer course supports our officers, our department, AND our community. Our entire department has been trained in Racial Intelligence, and it was worth the time and money!” ~ Chief Rob Hicks
The Train-the-Trainer Racial Intelligence Course is the most progressive officer wellness training on the market today, because it helps the officer understand their EI and SI for improved communication. Racial Intelligence combines Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI), which has been successfully used in corporations for years.
Racial Intelligence: “The practice of using Emotional Intelligence (EI), Social Intelligence (SI), and the RITE Tools, to treat ourselves and others fairly.” Learn more about EI and SI here…
How does the RITE model work?
Old cultural diversity training (teaching officers what they’re doing wrong) is ineffective in improving police-work. RITE improves the officer’s communication skills (first), so they can engage more effectively with others. De-escalation techniques, Implicit bias understanding while using EI, empowers the officer with better, more effective decision-making (for themselves and the department).
Trainers learn the RITE 3-prong approach:
- Officer Communication Skills: Emotional Intelligence Tools for Resiliency and De-escalation; to use personally and professionally
- Improve the Department: Social Intelligence helps with Recruiting, Improve morale, and Accountability
- Build the Community Relations: Enhance public trust
2-minute Videos from RITE Certified Train-the-Trainers:
The 2-Day Training Overview:
- 6) Modules on Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI)
- De-escalation communication that develops verbal negotiation
- Officer health awareness – Career and department resiliency
- RITE Take-a-way Tools – continues work after the training ends
- Supports 6th Pillar of 21st Century Policing – Officer Wellness
- IADLEST National Certification Seal – RITE earned excellence in training
- Includes RITE Instructor Manual, Trainer Tools, Materials, Instructor Power Point, Teaching aids, RITE Instructor Certificate and More!
- *(2) RITE staff trainers teach with various concepts, videos, stories and teaching styles
*RITE suggests departments Register at least *(2) trainers for this class; Two are more effective in rolling it out, and will give you the back-up trainer(s) if ever needed.
Host Training Site:
Richland Hills Police Department
6700 Baker Blvd
Richland Hills, TX 76118
Host Contact: Chief Barbara Childress
Phone: (817) 616-3780
8:00 – 8:15 am Registration and Coffee
8:15 – 11:45 am Morning session
11:45 – 12:45 pm Lunch Break
12:45 – 4:00 pm Afternoon session
$824 pp. For 1 or 2 from the same agency
$749 pp. Discounted for 3 or more from same agency
Per person fee includes the RITE Premium Trainer’s Kit ($99), Instructor’s Racial Intelligence Complete Manual, Instructor power point, all videos, RITE materials, hand-outs, Certificate of completion, student certificates, student exam, trainer and classroom fees, coffee and light breakfast, water and refreshments.
If you are unable to attend your scheduled class, please email us. You may reschedule for another RITE Training, if at least 14 days before the start date of your scheduled class. Failure to do so, will result in full charge of the course.
643 NE Loop 820
Richland Hills TX 76118
Phone: (817) 595-4442
643 NE Loop 820
Richland Hills, TX, 76118
Ask for the “Texas State Rate” of $85 plus tax per night at both locations.
Dallas Fort Worth Airport (DFW)
Space is LIMITED to ONLY 20 – Register Early!