Professional Workplace and Human Diversity TRAINER JAN 9-10, 2024 (The Villages, FL)
January 9, 2024 – January 10, 2024 UTC+0
RITE Registration for the Train-the-Trainer Class in The Villages, Florida. Sumter County Sheriff’s Office has graciously agreed to host
Registration is OPEN for LAW Enforcement, Fire Department and Corrections Trainers. Details and contact info below. Space is limited to the first 35 that register.
RITE’s Train-the-Trainer is nationally recognized in encouraging a bias-free workplace. Our classes include a unique combination of emotional intelligence skill-building, that includes years of research to give your employees a sole-source experience that can not be duplicated.
“RITE Training benefits ALL in Public Service”
With proven RESULTS that RITE Training decreases use of force, Racial Intelligence combines Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI), which has been successfully used in corporations for years. This helps your department develop a bias-free community.
Definition of Racial Intelligence: “The practice of using Emotional Intelligence (EI), Social Intelligence (SI), and the RITE Tools, to treat ourselves and others fairly.” Learn more about EI and SI…
How does the RITE model work?
RITE improves the officer’s communication skills (first), so they can engage more effectively with others. Old cultural diversity training (teaching officers what they’re doing wrong) is ineffective in improving police-work. De-escalation techniques, Implicit bias understanding while using EI, empowers the officer with better, more effective decision-making (for themselves and the department). Improved engagement and morale is noticed in the department, and builds Community trust.
Trainers will learn the RITE 3-prong approach:
- Officer Communication Skills: Emotional Intelligence Tools for Resiliency and De-escalation; to use personally and professionally
- Improve the Department: Social Intelligence helps with Bias-free policing, Recruiting, Improve morale, and Accountability
- Build the Community Relations: Bias-free policing will Enhance public trust
The 2-Day Training Overview:
- Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI) modules
- Learn how to control emotions in heightened and pressure situations
- Implicit and Explicit Bias, Hot-Buttons, and PTS-D
- Build Racial Equity and Bias-Free Culture throughout the department
- Professional workplace practices
- RITE model orientation in police academy recruit training
- Learn to avoid ‘Block-Out Syndrome’ on 95% of calls
- Emergency Response to Block Out (Step In, Tap Out, Take Over)
- De-escalation Communication with Behavioral Self Control
- Certificate of license to teach RITE in agency
- Accredited by IADLEST, highest standard of LE training
- Learn to use and teach all the RITE Tools – Required Tools for all students, are the KEY to RITE Training and departmental accountability
- Includes RITE Instructor Manual, Trainer Tools, Materials, multiple Power Points, Teaching aids, RITE Instructor Certificate and More!
*RITE suggests departments Register at least *(2) trainers for this class; Two are more effective in rolling it out and will give you the back-up trainer(s) if ever needed.
One Registration $895.
3+ Registrations $845.
Includes RITE Instructor Manual, Trainer Tools, Materials, multiple Power Points, Teaching aids, RITE Instructor Certificate and More! Does not include food and hotel expenses.
If you are unable to attend your scheduled class, please email us. You can reschedule for another RITE Training, if at least 14 days before the start date of your scheduled class. Failure to do so, will result in full charge of the course. No refunds once payment is made.
RITE Articles to Learn from and Share:
Duty to Intervene during Block-out – Article Link
Policing is affected by Officer Implicit Issues – Article Link
6 Signs a Bully is causing your Workplace Harassment Issues Article Link
Professional Workplace Culture is Reducing Police Misconduct – Article Link
Who can attend?
- Law Enforcement Trainers
- Fire Department Trainers
- Corrections Trainers
- 911 Dispatch Trainers
7:45 Registration and Coffee
8:00 – 11:50 am Morning session
12:00 – 1:00 pm Lunch Break
1:00 – 4:00 pm Afternoon session
- January 9, 2024
- January 10, 2024
- Event Categories:
- EVENTS, RITE Train-the-trainer
- Event Tags:
- bias-free policing, Community Policing, de-escalation training, Emotional Intelligence, empathy communication, Professional Workplace Culture, Racial Intelligence training, Social Intelligence, Unprofessional Behavior