- This event has passed.
Racial Intelligence 2-Day TRAINER: AUG 3-4, 2017 (Hendersonville, NC)
August 3, 2017 - August 4, 2017
Sheriff Charles McDonald and the Henderson County Sheriff’s Office are Hosting. Located 20 minutes from Ashville, NC Airport. Registration is OPEN.
The Train-the-Trainer Racial Intelligence Course is the most progressive cultural diversity training on the market today, because it helps the officer understand their EI and SI for improved communication. Racial Intelligence combines Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI), which has been successfully used in corporations for years.
Definition of Racial Intelligence: “The practice of using Emotional Intelligence (EI), Social Intelligence (SI), and the RITE Tools, to treat ourselves and others fairly.” Learn more about EI and SI here…
How does the RITE model work?
Old cultural diversity training (teach officers what they’re doing wrong, brow beating) doesn’t work. RITE builds the officer’s communication skills (first), so they can engage better with others (second). De-escalation techniques, Implicit bias understanding using EI, empowers the officer with better, smarter decision-making. Improved engagement and morale is noticed in the department, and builds Community trust.
Trainers learn the RITE 3-prong approach:
- Officer Communication Skills: Emotional Intelligence Tools for Resiliency and De-escalation; to use personally and professionally
- Improve the Department: Social Intelligence helps with Recruiting, Improve morale, and Accountability
- Build the CommunityRelations: Enhance public trust
2-minute Videos from new instructors:[huge_it_videogallery id=”4″]
The 2-Day Training Overview:
- (6) key modules of Emotional (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI)
- Trainers become Certified to teach “RITE Officer Wellness Course” (4 CEU)
- Certified to teach the (6) RITE principles for improved officer wellness
- How to use and teach (4) RITE Tools – the KEY to RITE Training
- Use of (3) large instructor banners for teaching and roll call motivation
- Includes RITE Instructor Manual, Trainer Tools, Materials, Instructor Power Point, Teaching aids, RITE Instructor Certificate and More!
- *(2) RITE staff trainers teach with various concepts, videos, stories and teaching styles
*(2) RITE staff trainers teach the 2-day Training. We suggest departments send at least *(2) trainers to this class, as it is more effective in rolling it out, and will give you the back-up trainer(s) if ever needed.
Henderson County Sheriff’s Office
100 N. Grove Street
Hendersonville, NC 28792
Parking – Please park at the rear of the building on the 1st Ave East side.
Nearest Airport – Asheville Regional Airport http://flyavl.com
8:00 – 8:30 am Registration and Coffee
8:30 – 11:45 am Morning session
11:45 – 12:45 pm Lunch Break
12:45 – 4:00 pm Afternoon session
$824 pp. for 1 or 2 from the same agency
$749 pp. for 3 or more from same agency
Per person All-inclusive fee includes the RITE Premium Trainer Kit ($99), Instructor’s Racial Intelligence Complete Manual, power point, all videos, RITE materials, hand-outs, Certificate of completion, student certificates, student exam, trainer and classroom fees, coffee and light breakfast, water and refreshments.
If you are unable to attend your scheduled class, please email us. You may reschedule for another RITE Training, if at least 14 days before the start date of your scheduled class. Failure to do so, will result in full charge of the course.
Mountain Inn & Suites
755 Upward Rod, Flat Rock, NC 28731
Space is LIMITED – Register Early!