- This event has passed.
Racial Intelligence 2-Day TRAINER @Broward Sheriff’s Office JUL 1-2, 2020 (Fort Lauderdale, FL)
July 1, 2020 @ 8:00 am - July 2, 2020 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0
RITE Train-the-Trainer for Broward Sheriff’s Office
This is a Private 2-day Train-the-Trainer class for Broward Sheriff’s Office trainers. Originally designed for police and corrections departments, Racial Intelligence Training is the right training for every public service professional agency. RITE Academy has delivered training to multiple government agencies, military, universities, corporate clients and NGOs.
Our current sheriff, law enforcement veteran Gregory Tony, was appointed to serve as the 17th sheriff of Broward County on January 11, 2019. Sheriff Tony is the first African-American sheriff in the county’s history.
Upon taking office, Sheriff Tony implemented forward-thinking policies and crime-fighting initiatives with the goals of improved training, better performance and increased transparency. Under his new leadership, plans began for the construction of an 88,000 square-foot training center dedicated to training law enforcement agencies countywide to the highest level. To ensure the Broward Sheriff’s Office is doing all it can to keep residents safe, Sheriff Tony also implemented the Real Time Crime Center, which allows for monitoring and analysis of important investigative information during active crimes and critical incidents. Read more
The Racial Intelligence Train-the-Trainer Course is the most progressive diversity training for public service professionals. This training helps the officer understand their Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI) that helps the officer, the department, and the community:
- Improve Communication (for work and home-life balance)
- Build Morale in the department
- Connect as a Guardian with the community
Videos from RITE YouTube Tell the Story
With proven RESULTS that RITE Training decreases use of force, Racial Intelligence combines Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI), which has been successfully used in corporations for years. This helps your department develop a bias-free community.
Definition of Racial Intelligence: “The practice of using Emotional Intelligence (EI), Social Intelligence (SI), and the RITE Tools, to treat ourselves and others fairly.” Learn more about EI and SI…
How does the RITE model work?
RITE improves the officer’s communication skills (first), so they can engage more effectively with others. Old cultural diversity training (teaching officers what they’re doing wrong) is ineffective in improving police-work. De-escalation techniques, Implicit bias understanding while using EI, empowers the officer with better, more effective decision-making (for themselves and the department). Improved engagement and morale is noticed in the department, and builds Community trust.
Trainers will learn the RITE 3-prong approach:
- Officer Communication Skills: Emotional Intelligence Tools for Resiliency and De-escalation; to use personally and professionally
- Improve the Department: Social Intelligence helps with Bias-free policing, Recruiting, Improve morale, and Accountability
- Build the Community Relations: Bias-free policing will Enhance public trust
The 2-Day Training Overview:
- Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI) modules
- Learn emotions in heighted and pressure situations
- Student Tools include: RITE Ladder, New Day, Block-out Stop-light chart, Gratitude (Empathy) Coin, + more
- Implicit and Explicit Bias, Hot-Buttons, and PTS-D
- Create Bias-Free Culture throughout the department
- Professional workplace practices
- RITE model orientation in police academy recruit training
- Learn to avoid ‘Block-Out Syndrome’ on 95% of calls
- Emergency Response to Block Out (Step In, Tap Out, Take Over)
- De-escalation Communication with Behavioral Self Control
- Certificate of license to teach RITE in agency
- Accredited by IADLEST, highest standard of LE training
- Learn to use and teach (4) RITE Tools – Required Tools are the KEY to RITE Training and departmental accountability
- Includes RITE Instructor Manual, Trainer Tools, Materials, Instructor Power Point, Teaching aids, RITE Instructor Certificate and More!
8:00 Registration and Coffee
8:00 – 11:50 am Morning session
12:00 – 1:00 pm Lunch Break
1:00 – 4:00 pm Afternoon session
RITE Training in the Media:
RITE Training Articles:
Officers Police themselves back up LADDER https://goo.gl/VBRdjm
Racial Intelligence Training at Notre Dame College www.goo.gl/bGOKJX
Community Policing is climbing above the burden of Hate www.goo.gl/DG6sSI