- This event has passed.
RITE TRAINER Class for Pittsburgh Bureau of Police: AUG 22-23, 2019 (Pittsburg, PA)
August 22, 2019 - August 23, 2019
Improving Professional Workplace Culture
This is a PRIVATE Training for Pittsburgh Bureau of Police
RITE Emotional & Social Intelligence Train-the-Trainers Class for Pittsburgh Bureau of Police TRAINERS, will be conducted over two days August 22-23, 2019.
Pittsburgh Bureau of Police has taken proactive measures to give their police officers RITE training and tools that will help improve communication and reduce any bias-based tension. Teaching critical components of both Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI), improves resiliency awareness, as well as personal and professional relationships.
Pittsburg Bureau of Police
“Our mandate is the continued protection and enhancement of our diverse neighborhoods by working in partnership with our citizens to creatively solve problems always remaining sensitive to the authority with which we’re entrusted. It is our challenge to provide committed service through accountability, integrity and respect.”
“We believe in the value and worth of all members of the Bureau of Police. We believe our integrity is not negotiable. We believe we are individually accountable for upholding the values of the organization. We believe we can best earn respect by first respecting the rights of others. We believe in striving to achieve the highest moral, ethical and professional standards. We will adapt to the changing future by maintaining partnerships built upon accountability, integrity and respect.”
The RITE Train-the-Trainer Course is the most progressive diversity training for public service professionals. This training helps the officer understand their Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI) that helps the officer, the department, and the community:
- Improves Communication (for work and home-life balance)
- Builds Morale in the department
- Become a Guardian for the community and in the schools
2-minute Videos from RITE Certified Train-the-Trainers:
With proven RESULTS that RITE Training decreases use of force, Racial Intelligence combines Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI), which has been successfully used in corporations for years. This helps your department develop a bias-free community.
Definition of Racial Intelligence: “The practice of using Emotional Intelligence (EI), Social Intelligence (SI), and the RITE Tools, to treat ourselves and others fairly.” Learn more about EI and SI…
How does the RITE model work?
RITE improves the officer’s communication skills (first), so they can engage more effectively with others. Old cultural diversity training (teaching officers what they’re doing wrong) is ineffective in improving police-work. De-escalation techniques, Implicit bias understanding while using EI, empowers the officer with better, more effective decision-making (for themselves and the department). Improved engagement and morale is noticed in the department, and builds Community trust.
Trainers will learn the RITE 3-prong approach:
- Officer Communication Skills: Emotional Intelligence Tools for Resiliency and De-escalation; to use personally and professionally
- Improve the Department: Social Intelligence helps with Bias-free policing, Recruiting, Improve morale, and Accountability
- Build the Community Relations: Bias-free policing will Enhance public trust
The 2-Day Training Overview:
- (6) key modules of Emotional (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI)
- Trainers become Certified to teach ‘RITE Officer Wellness Course’ (up to 12 hours)
- Certified to teach the (6) RITE principles for improved officer wellness and diversity
- Learn to use and teach (4) RITE Tools – Required Tools are the KEY to RITE Training and departmental accountability
- Use of (3) large instructor banners for teaching and roll call motivation
- Includes RITE Instructor Manual, Trainer Tools, Materials, Instructor Power Point, Teaching aids, RITE Instructor Certificate and More!
- *(2) RITE staff trainers teach with various concepts, videos, stories and teaching styles
8:00 – 11:50 am Morning session
12:00 – 1:00 pm Lunch Break
1:00 – 4:00 pm Afternoon session
RITE in the Media: LINK to more
TEDx on RITE – Use of Voice not Force by Sgt Jones
CBS 8 Selma, Alabama DOC – the missing link to officer training
Fox 19 News – Middletown officers train in Racial Intelligence
Police Departments get Positive Press Coverage www.goo.gl/UeMaHx – (TV Interview)
RITE Articles: LINK to more
Officers Police themselves back up LADDER https://goo.gl/VBRdjm
Racial Intelligence Training at Notre Dame College www.goo.gl/bGOKJX
Community Policing is climbing above the burden of Hate www.goo.gl/DG6sSI –
Pittsburgh Bureau of Police
1203 Western Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15233
- August 22, 2019
- August 23, 2019
- Event Categories:
- EVENTS, RITE Train-the-trainer
- Event Tags:
- Emotional Intelligence, Harassment, Implicit bias and PTSD, Pittsburgh Bureau of Police, Pittsburgh police academy, PRIVATE police Training, Professional Workplace Culture, RITE Emotional & Social Intelligence Leadership Training, unacceptable workplace behavior