- This event has passed.
RITE Leaders & Supervisors Course – NOV 2, 2016 Marshall University (Huntington, WV)
November 2, 2016 @ 8:00 am - 3:00 pm UTC+0
This Leaders & Supervisors Course is a 6-hour training for leaders, supervisors, managers, and officers working in police, city, and corrections departments. Participants will learn how to implement the (6) Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI) modules, with the RITE tools, into daily practice. The RITE model lays the groundwork to reinforcing positive employee engagement, by building better communication inside and outside department walls.
Racial Intelligence is: “The practice of using Emotional Intelligence (EI), Social Intelligence (SI), and the RITE Tools, to treat ourselves and others fairly.”
COURSE OBJECTIVES & GOALS
RITE Academy’s objective is to improve officer wellness, increase departmental morale, and build community trust. The goal is to increase awareness of one’s own emotions (EI), to improve situational and empathic awareness when engaging with others (SI), and to help De-escalate heightened situations whenever possible. RITE programs include de-escalation and resiliency awareness techniques, that improve overall department relations, recruitment and community policing.
Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI) training has been taught to corporate employees for years. RITE Academy has created this powerful training exclusively for public service professionals, to enhance their career resiliency.
Winning sports teams, Fortune 500 companies, and the best run Police, Corrections, and City Agencies know that great leadership drives success. Our leadership course provides you with the tools needed to successfully implement all facets of the RITE model, EI+SI=RI, for personal and professional growth. Department-wide Racial Intelligence, starts at the top!
GOAL: To learn to use Emotional and Social de-escalation and accountability Tools that improve officer and employee wellness, enhance departmental morale and recruitment, and develop community policing and trust.
- Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI) modules: Learning to Dis-engage and De-escalate
- De-escalation communication – Avoid the Block-out Syndrome
- Improve Career resiliency – Climbing the RITE Emotional Energy Ladder
- Use of unique RITE Tools in Employees daily routine
- Improved officer wellness and performance
- Building the community trust level of engagement
- Supervising the Millennial Mindset
- Supervisor Challenges to subordinates
Who Should Attend?
This RITE LEADERSHIP Course is for upper management within Law Enforcement, Highway patrol, Corrections, Fire, and City Service. All public service professionals, (including City and County, Sworn and non-sworn personnel) would benefit greatly (personally and professionally) from this course. Class size is limited. Registration information below.
All Participants receive:
- RITE Academy Racial Intelligence HandBook for Law Enforcement & Public Service Professionals
- (5) RITE Tools for continued work on Racial Intelligence
- Includes a Cultural Diversity Action Plan- ready to share with the community
- RITE Advanced Cultural Diversity Media Campaign
- SOP – Cultural Diversity Accountability Standards
- Racial Intelligence Exam (Open Handbook test)
- Racial Intelligence Official Certification
- 4 CE Credits (IADLEST Approved)
Location Info: See below
8:00 – 8:30 am Registration
8:30 – 11:30 am Morning session
11:30 – 12:30 pm Lunch (on your own)
12:30 – 3:30 pm Afternoon session