Racial Intelligence 2-Day TRAINER: Oklahoma DOC – JUL 29-30, 2020 (OKC, OK)
July 29 - July 30
Private Instructor Training for Corrections
Oklahoma Corrections has taken proactive measures to give their officers RITE training and tools that will help improve communication and reduce any bias-based tension. Teaching critical components of both Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI), improves resiliency awareness, as well as personal and professional relationships.
Emotional Intelligence is being aware of our emotions, and to acknowledge that emotions can drive behavior that impacts others (positively and negatively). Social Intelligence is how we effectively navigate and negotiate all social relationships and situations.
RITE Tools, like the Emotional Energy Ladder (instructor’s banner-size in the photo), that every student in this training receives, makes us aware of our emotions, how we affect others, and that only we have the power to make those changes. Great officers Do the RITE thing, in order to help others do the same.
2-Day Training Overview:
- Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI) modules
- Learn to control emotions in heighted and pressure situations
- Implicit and Explicit Bias, Hot-Buttons, and PTS-D
- Create Bias-Free Culture throughout the department
- Professional workplace practices
- RITE model orientation in academy recruit training
- Learn to avoid ‘Block-Out Syndrome’ on 95% of calls
- Emergency Response to Block Out (Step In, Tap Out, Take Over)
- De-escalation Communication with Behavioral Self Control
- Certificate of license to teach RITE in agency
- Learn RITE Tools – the KEY to RITE Training and departmental accountability
- Includes RITE Instructor Manual, Trainer Tools, Materials, Instructor Power Point, Teaching aids, RITE Instructor Certificate and More!
- In the department (leading others inside the department)
- For continued training and growth (training and mentoring others)
- At home (with family, friends, to improve health and wellness)
Racial Intelligence is: “The practice of using Emotional Intelligence (EI), Social Intelligence (SI) and the RITE Tools to treat ourselves and others fairly.”
8:00 Registration and Coffee
8:00 – 11:50 am Morning session
12:00 – 1:00 pm Lunch Break
1:00 – 4:00 pm Afternoon session
Contact to Register
Chief of Strategic Engagement
Oklahoma Department of Corrections
About Oklahoma Department of Corrections
The core mission of the Oklahoma Department of Corrections is to protect the public, promote a safe working environment for staff, and encourage positive change in offender behavior by providing rehabilitation programs to enable successful reentry.
- July 29
- July 30
- Event Categories:
- EVENTS, RITE Train-the-trainer
- Event Tags:
- Emotional Intelligence (EI), officer Instructor Training, Oklahoma corrections training, Oklahoma Dept. Corrections, professional relationships, professional workplace, resiliency awareness, Social Intelligence (SI)