RITE 2-Day TRAINER @Harvard University Police Department: OCT 17-18, 2019 (Cambridge, MA)
October 17 - October 18
RITE Train-the-Trainer for Harvard UPD
This is an exclusive 2-day Train-the-Trainer for Harvard University Police Department trainers. Originally designed for police and corrections departments, RITE Academy has delivered training to multiple government agencies, military, universities, corporate clients and NGOs.
HUPD has taken proactive measures to give their police officers RITE training and tools that will help improve communication and reduce any bias-based tension. Teaching critical components of both Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI), improves resiliency awareness, as well as personal and professional relationships.
Pro-active steps towards Harvard’s Mission
“The mission of the Harvard University Police Department is to maintain a safe and secure campus by providing quality policing in partnership with the community.
The HUPD pursues this mission within the University context of free expression, rigorous inquiry, vast diversity, and pursuit of distinction. The HUPD honors these traditions and seeks success by means that are moral, constitutional, and respectful of individual rights and community.”
– HUPD Mission and Values
The Racial Intelligence Train-the-Trainer Course is the most progressive diversity training for public service professionals. This training helps the officer understand their Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI) that helps the officer, the department, and the community:
- Improves Communication (for work and home-life balance)
- Builds Morale in the department
- Become a Guardian for the community and in the schools
Videos from RITE YouTube Tell the Story
With proven RESULTS that RITE Training decreases use of force, Racial Intelligence combines Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI), which has been successfully used in corporations for years. This helps your department develop a bias-free community.
Definition of Racial Intelligence: “The practice of using Emotional Intelligence (EI), Social Intelligence (SI), and the RITE Tools, to treat ourselves and others fairly.” Learn more about EI and SI…
How does the RITE model work?
RITE improves the officer’s communication skills (first), so they can engage more effectively with others. Old cultural diversity training (teaching officers what they’re doing wrong) is ineffective in improving police-work. De-escalation techniques, Implicit bias understanding while using EI, empowers the officer with better, more effective decision-making (for themselves and the department). Improved engagement and morale is noticed in the department, and builds Community trust.
Trainers will learn the RITE 3-prong approach:
- Officer Communication Skills: Emotional Intelligence Tools for Resiliency and De-escalation; to use personally and professionally
- Improve the Department: Social Intelligence helps with Bias-free policing, Recruiting, Improve morale, and Accountability
- Build the Community Relations: Bias-free policing will Enhance public trust
The 2-Day Training Overview:
- (6) key modules of Emotional (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI)
- Trainers become Certified to teach ‘RITE Officer Wellness Course’ (up to 12 hours)
- Certified to teach the (6) RITE principles for improved officer wellness and diversity
- Learn to use and teach (4) RITE Tools – Required Tools are the KEY to RITE Training and departmental accountability
- Use of (3) large instructor banners for teaching and roll call motivation
- Includes RITE Instructor Manual, Trainer Tools, Materials, Instructor Power Point, Teaching aids, RITE Instructor Certificate and More!
- *(2) RITE staff trainers teach with various concepts, videos, stories and teaching styles
7:45 Registration and Coffee
8:00 – 11:50 am Morning session
12:00 – 1:00 pm Lunch Break
1:00 – 4:00 pm Afternoon session
Harvard University Police Dept
Cambridge, MA 02138
Martin Fay, Officer
Harvard University Police Dept.
1033 Massachusetts Ave.
Cambridge, MA 02138
RITE Training in the Media:
RITE Training Articles:
Officers Police themselves back up LADDER https://goo.gl/VBRdjm
Racial Intelligence Training at Notre Dame College www.goo.gl/bGOKJX
Community Policing is climbing above the burden of Hate www.goo.gl/DG6sSI