- This event has passed.
Racial Intelligence 2-Day Train-the-TRAINER: JUN 7-8, 2017 (Houston, TX)
June 7, 2017 - June 8, 2017
Assistant Chief Dr. Keith Jemison and the Missouri City Police Department, Missouri City, Texas is hosting. Only 30 miles from Houston’s Hobby Airport. Registration is currently OPEN until 40 spots are filled. This course is TCOLE Eligible
The Train-the-Trainer Racial Intelligence Course is the most progressive cultural diversity training on the market today, because it helps the officer understand their EI and SI for improved communication. Racial Intelligence combines Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI), which has been successfully used in corporations for years.
Definition of Racial Intelligence: “The practice of using Emotional Intelligence (EI), Social Intelligence (SI), and the RITE Tools, to treat ourselves and others fairly.” Learn more about EI and SI here…
How does the RITE model work?
Old cultural diversity training (teach officers what they’re doing wrong, brow beating) doesn’t work. RITE builds the officer’s communication skills (first), so they can engage better with others (second). De-escalation techniques, Implicit bias understanding using EI, empowers the officer with better, smarter decision-making. Improved engagement and morale is noticed in the department, and builds Community trust.
Trainers learn the RITE 3-prong approach:
- Officer Communication Skills: Emotional Intelligence Tools for Resiliency and De-escalation; to use personally and professionally
- Improve the Department: Social Intelligence helps with Recruiting, Improve morale, and Accountability
- Build the CommunityRelations: Enhance public trust
2-minute Videos from new instructors:
Norman Police Start Racial Intelligence Training For Officers
RITE Certified Train-the-Trainer Sgt helps Cadet pass fire arms test
Training Officers on Emotional - Social - Racial Intelligence
The 2-Day Training Overview:
- (6) key modules of Emotional (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI)
- Trainers become Certified to teach “RITE Officer Wellness Course” (4 CEU)
- Certified to teach the (6) RITE principles for improved officer wellness
- How to use and teach (4) RITE Tools – the KEY to RITE Training
- Use of (3) large instructor banners for teaching and roll call motivation
- Includes RITE Instructor Manual, Trainer Tools, Materials, Instructor Power Point, Teaching aids, RITE Instructor Certificate and More!
- *(2) RITE staff trainers teach with various concepts, videos, stories and teaching styles
*(2) RITE staff trainers teach the 2-day Training. We suggest departments send at least *(2) trainers to this class, as it is more effective in rolling it out, and will give you the back-up trainer(s) if ever needed.
$824 pp. for 1 or 2 from the same agency
$749 pp. for 3 or more from same agency
Per person All-inclusive fee includes the RITE Premium Trainer Kit ($99), Instructor’s Racial Intelligence Complete Manual, power point, all videos, RITE materials, hand-outs, Certificate of completion, student certificates, student exam, trainer and classroom fees, coffee and light breakfast, water and refreshments.
If you are unable to attend your scheduled class, please email us. You may reschedule for another RITE Training, if at least 14 days before the start date of your scheduled class. Failure to do so, will result in full charge of the course.
Hampton Inn and Suites
4909 Hwy 6
Missouri City, Texas 77459
When reserving at this hotel, advise the staff member (upon initial contact) you’re attending a law enforcement training event at the Missouri City Police Department, and a discounted rate should be applied. Hotel is less than 5 minutes from the Training.
William P. Hobby – HOU
20.9 miles from Missouri City, Texas
Approximately 26-30 minute drive time via the Sam Houston Tollway
- June 7, 2017
- June 8, 2017
- Event Categories:
- EVENTS, RITE Train-the-trainer
- Event Tags:
- 21st Century Policing, Assistant Police Chief MCPD, cultural diversity for law enforcement, cultural diversity training, de-escalation training, Emotional Intelligence, Keith Jemison, Missouri City Police Department, officer wellness training, racial intelligence, Racial Intelligence training, Social Intelligence, TCOLE Eligible
- RITE Academy
- Missouri City Police Department
- Missouri City Police Department – Public Safety Headquarters Training Room
3849 Cartwright Rd
Missouri City,, TX 77459 United States + Google Map