- This event has passed.
Emotional + Social Intelligence LEADERSHIP: MAR 29 (Houston, TX)
March 29, 2017
“This is NOT your 1980’s cultural diversity training, that beat officers down. We looked for a less academic, easy-to-use training, with better ways for our officers to communicate, and to De-Escalate situations more effectively. RITE training supports our officers, our department, AND our community.” ~ Chief Rob Hicks
Build trust between your agency and the community, while sustaining career resiliency for your officers. Emotional Intelligence combined with Social Intelligence helps officers use enhanced verbal skills, on 95% of calls.
The Executive LEADERSHIP Course is a one-day training for command staff and executive leaders. RITE Academy created this advanced cultural diversity class, combining (6) key modules of Emotional and Social Intelligence which has been improving officer’s lives on a professional as well as personal level.
COURSE OBJECTIVES & GOALS
Objective – To improve mental wellness, departmental morale, and community trust. Becoming aware of one’s own emotions (EI), will improve situational and empathy awareness when engaging with others (SI), while helping to de-escalate heightened situations 95% of the time. RITE programs include de-escalation and resiliency awareness techniques, that improve overall department relations, recruitment and community policing.
Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI) training has been a proven model for employees of fortune 500 corporations for years. RITE Academy has created this powerful training exclusively for law enforcement, corrections, and all public service professionals.
This course provides Leaders with the tools needed to successfully implement all facets of the RITE model EI+SI=RI, for personal and professional growth. Department-wide Racial Intelligence, starts at the top!
GOAL: To learn to use Emotional and Social de-escalation and accountability Tools, which improves officer wellness, enhances departmental morale and recruitment, and benefits community policing and trust.
- Practical Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI)
- Improved communication to De-escalation skill building techniques
- Officer Health and Wellness – 6th Pillar of 21st Century Policing
- RITE Cultural Diversity and Inclusion
- Strengthen Departmental Accountability Standards using the RITE Tools
- Increasing Diversity Recruiting with “WHY” Principles
- Biased Policing Vs. Racial Intelligence Policing
- Seeing/Controlling the Block-Out Syndrome as it happens
- Racial Intelligence Open book Exam – Everyone learns and passes
- RITE Certificate of Completion
- Media campaign and press release for enhanced public awareness of pro-active department training
Definition of Racial Intelligence: “The practice of using Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI) Tools to treat ourselves and others fairly.”
Who Should Attend?
This Executive LEADERSHIP Course is for command staff within Law Enforcement, Highway patrol, Corrections, Fire, and City Service. All public service professionals, (including City and County, Sworn and non-sworn personnel) would benefit (personally and professionally) from this course. Class size is limited. Registration information below.
All Participants receive:
- RITE Academy Racial Intelligence Leadership HandBook for Law Enforcement & Public Service Professionals
- (5) RITE Tools for continued work on Racial Intelligence
- Includes a Cultural Diversity Action Plan- share with community
- RITE Advanced Cultural Diversity Media Campaign
- SOP – Cultural Diversity Accountability Standards
- Racial Intelligence Exam (Open Handbook test)
- Official Certification
Location & Hotel Info: See below
8:00 – 8:30 am Registration
8:30 – 11:30 am Morning session
11:30 – 12:30 pm Lunch (on your own)
12:30 – 3:30 pm Afternoon session
If you are unable to attend your scheduled class, please email us. You may reschedule for another RITE Training, if at least 14 days before the start date of your scheduled class. Failure to do so, will result in full charge of the course.
Hampton Inn and Suites
4909 Hwy 6
Missouri City, Texas 77459
When reserving at this hotel, advise the staff member (upon initial contact) you’re attending a law enforcement training event at the Missouri City Police Department, and a discounted rate should be applied. Hotel is less than 5 minutes from the Training.
William P. Hobby – HOU
20.9 miles from Missouri City, Texas
Approximately 26-30 minute drive time via the Sam Houston Tollway