- This event has passed.
Racial Intelligence 2-Day TRAINER: AUG 8-9, 2018 (DEKALB, IL)
August 8, 2018 - August 9, 2018
Chief Thomas Phillips and the Northern Illinois University Police Department (NIU), is the hosting agency. Only 45 miles from Chicago’s O’Hare Airport, the training site will held at NIU DeKalb Campus. Registration is currently OPEN until 40 spots are filled.
The Racial Intelligence Train-the-Trainer Course is the most progressive diversity training for public service professionals. Helping the officer understand their Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI):
- Improves Communication (for work and home-life balance)
- Builds Morale in the department
- Become a Guardian for the community and in the schools
The Racial Intelligence Train-the-Trainer Course is the most progressive cultural diversity training for all public service professionals. Helping the officer understand their EI and SI which improves communication, and builds morale.
We have PROVEN RESULTS that RITE Training decreases use of force. Racial Intelligence combines Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI), which has been successfully used in corporations for years. Help your department head towards a bias-free.
Definition of Racial Intelligence: “The practice of using Emotional Intelligence (EI), Social Intelligence (SI), and the RITE Tools, to treat ourselves and others fairly.” Learn more about EI and SI…
How does the RITE model work?
Old cultural diversity training (teaching officers what they’re doing wrong) is ineffective in improving police-work. RITE improves the officer’s communication skills (first), so they can engage more effectively with others. De-escalation techniques, Implicit bias understanding while using EI, empowers the officer with better, more effective decision-making (for themselves and the department). Improved engagement and morale is noticed in the department, and builds Community trust.
Trainers will learn the RITE 3-prong approach
- Officer Communication Skills: Emotional Intelligence Tools for Resiliency and De-escalation; to use personally and professionally
- Improve the Department: Social Intelligence helps with Bias-free policing, Recruiting, Improve morale, and Accountability
- Build the Community Relations: Bias-free policing will Enhance public trust
2-minute Videos from RITE Certified Train-the-Trainers:
Norman Police Start Racial Intelligence Training For Officers
RITE Certified Train-the-Trainer Sgt helps Cadet pass fire arms test
Training Officers on Emotional - Social - Racial Intelligence
The 2-Day Training Overview:
- Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI); understanding emotions in ALL situations
- RITE Tools create Bias-Free policing for the department
- Diversity and Inclusion with improved awareness of Implicit Bias
- RITE orientation for police academy and recruit training
- Accountability Standards increase using various RITE materials
- Learn to avoid ‘Block-Out Syndrome’ on 95% of calls
- Trainers receive licensing agreement to teach using RITE materials
- Certified by IADLEST highest standard of LE training
- Decrease department liability risk factors
- Learn to use and teach (4) RITE Tools – Tools are the KEY to RITE Training and accountability
- How to use (3) large instructor banners for teaching and roll call motivation
- Includes RITE Instructor Manual, Trainer Tools, Materials, Instructor Power Point, Teaching aids, RITE Instructor Certificate and More!
- *(2) RITE staff trainers teach with various concepts, videos, stories and teaching styles
*RITE suggests departments Register at least *(2) trainers for this class; Two are more effective in rolling it out, and will give you the back-up trainer(s) if ever needed.
Northern Illinois University
Family Research Center
125 Presidents Blvd
DeKalb, IL 60115
Parking: Lot C3 (NIU Convocation Center)
8:00 – 8:15 am Registration and Coffee
8:15 – 11:45 am Morning session
11:45 – 12:45 pm Lunch Break
12:45 – 4:00 pm Afternoon session
*$749 pp. for 3+ from same agency – MUST Register by July 9*
$824 pp. for 1 – 2 from the same agency
Per person fee includes the RITE Premium Trainer Kit ($99 value), Instructor’s Racial Intelligence complete spiral-bound book, teachers power point, all videos, RITE materials, hand-outs, Certificate of completion, student certificates, student exam, trainer and classroom fees, coffee and light breakfast, water and refreshments.
If you are unable to attend your scheduled class, please email us. You may reschedule for another RITE Training, if at least 14 days before the start date of your scheduled class. Failure to do so, will result in full charge of the course.
Hotels: 5-7 minutes away
663 S Annie Glidden Road
Dekalb, IL 60115
$109+tax (gov rate) per night
1314 W Lincoln Hwy
DeKalb, IL 60115
$69.00 per night
Red Roof Inn
1212 West Lincoln Hwy
DeKalb, IL 60115
$65.99 per night
Use Government / Military for best discount
ORD – O’Hare International Airport
MID – Midway Airport
Space is LIMITED – Register Early!
- August 8, 2018
- August 9, 2018
- Event Categories:
- EVENTS, RITE Train-the-trainer
- Event Tags:
- Chief Thomas Phillips, diversity and inclusion, Implicit BiasEmotional Intelligence (EI), improved awareness, NIU Dekalb, NIU Naperville Conference Center, Northern Illinois University Police Department, Social Intelligence (SI)
- Northern Illinois University Family Research Center
125 Presidents Blvd
DeKalb, IL 60115 United States + Google Map