- This event has passed.
8th Annual INSTRUCTOR Training Seminar – FL Public Safety Institute
October 9, 2016 - October 14, 2016$150.
Emotional & Social Intelligence – How to Stay Out of Bad Press
One dumb move on the street, can take an entire department down. Don’t let this happen to your agency. RITE Academy combines Emotional and Social Intelligence techniques using unique RITE de-escalation and accountability Tools, that’s never been done before. This lays the groundwork towards positive employee engagement, on and off the streets, keeping negative media attention away. Good training, brings good press.
Goal: To use Emotional and Social de-escalation and accountability Tools that improve officer wellness, enhance department recruitment, and develop community trust.
- Participants will learn how to reinforce emotional and social conduct on and off the streets
- Improved documentation that strengthens departmental culture and standards.
- Learn that Racial Intelligence is: “The practice of using Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI) Tools to treat ourselves and others fairly.”
Who will Benefit: Officers in law enforcement, corrections, and highway patrol will benefit in three areas:
- On the street (engaging with the public),
- In the department (with piers),
- At home (engaging with family, friends, and improving personal health and wellness).
This 2-hour course is an introduction to RITE Trainings: Executive Leadership and First-line Supervisor (6-hour course), RITE Train-the-Trainer (2-day course), and the 4-hour Racial Intelligence for Officer Wellness. Each participant will walk away from this session with new insight on improving their own lives, professionally and personally.
RITE PRESENTATION – Location, Date, Time:
- Conference Center C
- Thursday October 13
- 10am – 12pm
Florida Public Safety Institute Partner Hotel Information
1880 Raymond Diehl Rd, Tallahassee, FL 32308
Phone: (850) 422-0093
Group Name: Law Enforcement Instructor Conference
Reserve by September 30, 2016
81 Commerce Blvd, Midway, FL 32343
Phone: (850) 574-8888