“Never doubt that a group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.” –Margaret Mead
Racial Intelligence Community Forums
Goal: To educate the community on Racial Intelligence, reducing racial insensitivity and intolerance. Uniting Police and the Community through the use of Racial Intelligence.
Who Should Attend: Mayor, Civic Leaders, Clergy, City Department Heads, and other Community Organizations
The RITE Way Forward
RITE Community forums provide a peaceful environment to increase communication, diminish polarization and rebuild the level of mutual trust that is necessary to move forward.
RITE Community Forums will form a critical mass for change by bringing Law Enforcement staff, community leaders and other key stakeholders together to create opportunities to talk/listen to one another, learn from each others’ experience, establish networks that will lay the foundation for a more powerful Racial Intelligence Community Mobilization campaign. The central elements of RITE interactive community forums include:
- Development of Community Action Plan after working with law enforcement, religious, business, civic and community leaders.
- Discussing the importance of Racial Intelligence training and application in the transformation of police and public relations.
- Establishing a framework and time-line for RITE Community Mobilization approach that delineates the types of actions to be carried out, by whom, when, how and with what available resources.
- RITE Community Leadership Workshop
- Community RITE Pledge
- RITE Plaque Presentation
- RITE Forum Build Out with Community Leaders (Building a time-line)
- (4) RITE Banners to place around City Hall and other Community Centers
- RITE Awareness Tools for Community Awareness
- Launch media coverage to highlight activities that demonstrate Law Enforcement and Community’s commitment to Racial Intelligence
With a clear strategy, consistent participation and a mutual commitment to cooperative problem solving, RITE will help to build strong community coalitions and establish a unified voice in support of individual and collective Racial Intelligence. It is the RITE way forward.
“Where do we go from here: Chaos or Community?” –Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Thoughts for your community:
- How Racial Intelligence Awareness impacts your community
- How can your community help
- What should your community do, if there is a racial incident: (How to diffuse the situation?)
The RITE Leadership team is here to help you!
For more informaiton, contact RITE Leader – VP of Community Affairs, Val McLeod