- This event has passed.
RITE Leadership Presentation – DEC 7, 2016 Missouri Police Chiefs Conference
December 7, 2016 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm UTC+0
Racial Intelligence for Executive Leadership in Policing
One wrong move caught on camera, can put a black cloud over an entire department. RITE Leadership Training teaches critical components of Emotional Intelligence (EI), and Social Intelligence (SI), combined with the RITE Tools. The RITE combination drives individual performance, towards team success.
Emotional Intelligence is being aware of our emotions, and to acknowledge that emotions can drive behavior that impacts others (positively and negatively). Social Intelligence is how we effectively navigate and negotiate all social relationships and situations.
The RITE Tools, like the Emotional Energy Ladder (seen in the photo, that everyone in this training receives), makes us aware of our emotions, how we affect others, and that only we have the power to make those changes. Great leadership starts with doing the RITE thing.
This lays the groundwork towards positive employee engagement, on and off the streets, keeping negative media attention away. Let’s give the media something good to talk about!
Goal: To learn to use Emotional and Social de-escalation and accountability Tools that improve Officer wellness, enhance department recruitment, and develop community trust.
- Learning how to use EI and SI tools help to avoid the Block-Out Syndrome
- De-escalation communication awareness – The 3-EI approach
- Improving Employee Wellness – Communication Keys to Career Resiliency
- Building Community Inclusion and Trust – Working with community leaders using RITE Training
Who will Benefit: Chiefs and Command Staff, Members of the MPCA
- On and off the street (engaging with the public)
- In the department (mentoring others)
- At home (engaging with family, friends, and improving personal health and wellness).
This 6-hour Leadership course is an introduction to RITE Department Programs: Executive Leadership and First-line Supervisor (6-hour course), RITE Train-the-Trainer (2-day course), and the 4-hour Racial Intelligence for Officer Wellness. Each participant will walk away from this session with new insight on improving their own lives, professionally and personally.
Executive Leadership Training Overview:
- Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI) modules specific for leadership
- Officer Health and Wellness – 6th Pillar of 21st Century Policing
- Cultural Diversity and Inclusion for cultural change with Racial Intelligence
- Strengthening Departmental Accountability Standards the RITE way
- Increasing your Diversity Recruiting
- Using the Millennial Mindset for employee retention
- Biased Policing Vs. Racial Intelligence – Skills to de-escalate situations
- Incorporating Racial Intelligence into your Social Media Campaigns
- Improved documentation that strengthens departmental culture and standards
Racial Intelligence is: “The practice of using Emotional Intelligence (EI), Social Intelligence (SI) and the RITE Tools to treat ourselves and others fairly.”
Missouri Police Chiefs
Since 1953, the Missouri Police Chiefs Association has provided members with the resources they need to enhance performance and ensure continued success and effectiveness. With more than 600 members statewide, MPCA is the leading organization in the field of law enforcement. The membership roster is a virtual “who’s who” list of notable local, state and federal law enforcement executives living and working in communities throughout Missouri.
MPCA Contact Information
Missouri Police Chiefs Association
Missouri Police Chiefs Charitable Foundation
1001 East High Street
Jefferson City, Missouri 65101
Phone: (573) 636-5444