- This event has passed.
Racial Intelligence 2-Day Train-the-TRAINER – JAN 24-25, 2017 (Norman, OK)
January 24, 2017 - January 25, 2017
This course is being Hosted by Norman Police Department. It is currently OPEN for registration to all full and part-time law enforcement and corrections trainers, until 45 Spots are filled. Short distance from Kansas, Arkansas, and Texas.
The Train-the-Trainer Course allows your department to roll out the Racial Intelligence cultural diversity course, as often as your department needs. This complete, all inclusive training gives instructors the certification to teach the 4 CE credit Cultural Diversity Officer Wellness Course to your officers (sworn and non-sworn). Racial Intelligence looks at Cultural Diversity for law enforcement and public service professionals with a bright new “officer wellness” light. Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI) have been a proven model used in corporations from for years. RITE Academy makes that powerful training now available for all public service professionals with the RITE Model EI+SI=RI
Definition of Racial Intelligence: “The practice of using Emotional Intelligence (EI), Social Intelligence (SI), and the RITE Tools, to treat ourselves and others fairly.” Learn more about EI and SI here…
How does the RITE model work?
Officers gain improved communication skills for themselves first, to then engage better with others (the public). De-escalation techniques, Implicit bias understanding, plus career resiliency awareness, empowers the officer with better, smarter decision-making. This improved engagement is seen in the Profession, and helps to build Community trust. The RITE training for all Public Service Professionals puts Officer Wellness on the front line… because when you help the officer improve on a personal level, the profession follows, and community trust grows.
Trainers learn how to teach the RITE 3-prong approach:
- Empower the Officer: Emotional Intelligence Tools for Resiliency and De-escalation; to use personally and professionally
- Improve the Department: Social Intelligence helps with Recruiting, Improve morale, and Accountability
- Build the Community Relations: Enhance public trust
Play these 2-minute Videos to hear first hand from new instructors:
The 2-Day Training Overview:
- (6) key modules of Emotional (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI)
- Trainers become Certified to teach “RITE Officer Wellness Course” 4-hour (4 CEU)
- Certified to teach the (6) RITE principles for improved officer wellness
- Implementation of (4) RITE Tools – personal and professional resiliency
- Use of (3) large instructor banners for teaching and roll call motivation
- Includes RITE Instructor Manual, Trainer Tools, Materials, Instructor Power Point, Teaching aids, RITE Instructor Certificate and More!
- *(2) RITE staff trainers show various videos and teaching styles
*(2) RITE staff trainers teach this 2-day Train-the-Trainer. We highly recommend sending at least *(2) trainers to this class, as it is more effective in rolling it out, implementing improved departmental culture, and will give you the back up trainer(s) if ever needed.
Location & Hotel Info: See below
- 8:00 – 8:30 am Coffee and Registration
- 8:30 – 11:45 am Morning session
- 11:45 – 12:45 pm Lunch Break
- 12:45 – 4:00 pm Afternoon session
$824 pp. for 1 or 2 from the same agency
$749 pp. for 3 or more from same agency
Per person All-inclusive fee includes the RITE Premium Trainer Kit ($99), Instructor’s Racial Intelligence Complete Manual, power point, all videos, RITE materials, hand-outs, Certificate of completion, student certificates, student exam, trainer and classroom fees, coffee and light breakfast, water and refreshments.
If you are unable to attend your scheduled class, please email us. You may reschedule for another RITE Training, if at least 14 days before the start date of your scheduled class. Failure to do so, will result in full charge of the course.
SPACE LIMITED TO FIRST 45!
- January 24, 2017
- January 25, 2017
- Event Categories:
- EVENTS, RITE Train-the-trainer
- Event Tags:
- 21st Century Policing, cultural diversity for law enforcement, cultural diversity training, de-escalation training, Emotional Intelligence, officer wellness training, racial intelligence, Social Intelligence