- This event has passed.
RITE Presentation – MAY 2, 2017 OH Police Chiefs Conf. (Columbus, OH)
April 30, 2017 - May 2, 2017
Racial Intelligence for Executive Leadership in Policing
Racial Intelligence brings cultural diversity training up to today’s standards. Officers must learn to look thru a new lens that improves their implicit bias and internal communication. Teaching tools and techniques that improve the officer’s communication on the front line, to help them De-escalate calls, is step one. RITE Academy teaches Racial Intelligence that includes critical components of Emotional Intelligence (EI), and Social Intelligence (SI), combined with the RITE Tools.
Emotional Intelligence is being aware of our emotions, and to acknowledge that emotions can drive behavior that impacts others (positively and negatively). Social Intelligence is how we effectively navigate and negotiate all social relationships and situations.
The RITE Tools, like the Emotional Energy Ladder (seen in the photo), makes us aware of our emotions, how we affect others, and that only we have the power to make those changes. Great leadership starts with doing the RITE thing.
This lays the groundwork towards positive employee engagement, on and off the streets, keeping negative media attention away. Let’s give the media something good to talk about!
- Learning how to use EI and SI tools help to avoid the Block-Out Syndrome
- De-escalation communication awareness – The 3-EI approach
- Improving Employee Wellness – Communication Keys to Career Resiliency
- Building Community Inclusion and Trust – Working with community leaders using RITE Training
This break-out session is an introduction to Racial Intelligence Programs for: Executive Leadership and First-line Supervisor (6-hour course), RITE Train-the-Trainer (2-day course), and the 4-hour Racial Intelligence for Officer Wellness (to be taught by the certified department trainers). Each participant will walk away from this session with new insight on improving their own lives, professionally and personally.
- Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI) modules specific for leadership
- Officer Health and Wellness – 6th Pillar of 21st Century Policing
- Cultural Diversity and Inclusion for cultural change with Racial Intelligence
- Strengthening Departmental Accountability Standards the RITE way
- Increasing your Diversity Recruiting
- Using the Millennial Mindset for employee retention
- Biased Policing Vs. Racial Intelligence – Skills to de-escalate situations
- Improved documentation that strengthens departmental culture and standards
Racial Intelligence is: “The practice of using Emotional Intelligence (EI), Social Intelligence (SI) and the RITE Tools to treat ourselves and others fairly.”
- April 30, 2017
- May 2, 2017
- Event Categories:
- Conference Speaker, EVENTS
- Event Tags:
- 2017 Ohio Association of Police Chiefs Conference, cultural diversity racial intelligence, cultural diversity training, empathy communication, Ohio police chiefs, Racial Intelligence Presentation – MAY 2, Racial Intelligence training, Social Intelligence
- Ohio Association of Chiefs of Police
- Hilton Columbus Downtown
401 N. High St
Columbus, OH 43215 United States + Google Map