RITE LEADERSHIP for Pittsburgh Bureau of Police: AUG 20-21, 2019 (Pittsburg, PA)
August 20 - August 21
Improving Professional Workplace Culture
This is a PRIVATE Training for Pittsburgh Bureau of Police Leaders
RITE Emotional & Social Intelligence Leadership Training for Pittsburgh Bureau of Police LEADERS, will be conducted over two days August 20-21, 2019.
Pittsburg Bureau of Police
“Our mandate is the continued protection and enhancement of our diverse neighborhoods by working in partnership with our citizens to creatively solve problems always remaining sensitive to the authority with which we’re entrusted. It is our challenge to provide committed service through accountability, integrity and respect.”
“We believe in the value and worth of all members of the Bureau of Police. We believe our integrity is not negotiable. We believe we are individually accountable for upholding the values of the organization. We believe we can best earn respect by first respecting the rights of others. We believe in striving to achieve the highest moral, ethical and professional standards. We will adapt to the changing future by maintaining partnerships built upon accountability, integrity and respect.”
The RITE Results
With proven RESULTS that RITE Training decreases use of force (amongst many other things), our classes combine Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI), which has been successfully used in high-pressure jobs for years.
Teaching critical components of both Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI), improves resiliency awareness, as well as personal and professional relationships.
Emotional Intelligence is being aware of our emotions, and to acknowledge that emotions can drive behavior that impacts others (positively and negatively). Social Intelligence is how we effectively navigate and negotiate all social relationships and situations.
RITE Tools, like the Emotional Energy Ladder (in this photo), makes us aware of our emotions, how we affect others, and that only we have the power to make those changes. Racism lives at the bottom of the Ladder with Hate. Bias-free lives at the top of the Ladder with Love, Gratitude and Joy.
A safe workplace, free of all types of harassment starts with doing the RITE thing, and helping others do the same.
Racial Intelligence is: “The practice of using Emotional Intelligence (EI), Social Intelligence (SI) and the RITE Tools to treat ourselves and others fairly.”
The RITE Model
RITE improves the officer’s communication skills (first), so they can engage more effectively with others. Old diversity training (teaching officers what they’re doing wrong) is ineffective in improving police-work. Improved engagement and morale is noticed in the department, and ultimately builds Community trust.
Leaders learn the RITE 3-prong approach:
- Officer Communication Skills: Emotional Intelligence Tools for Career Resiliency and De-escalation; to use personally and professionally
- Improve the Department: Social Intelligence helps with Bias-free policing, Recruiting, Improved morale, and Accountability
- Build the Community Relations: Bias-free policing will Enhance public trust
Goals and Objectives:
- Professional Workplace Culture objectives with Emotional Intelligence
- How to mitigate Harassment and unacceptable behavior in the workplace
- Learning to use EI and SI tools for improved Leadership
- De-escalation and Miscommunication awareness – The 3-EI approach
- Improving Employee Wellness – Keys to Resiliency
- Uncover Implicit bias, PTSD, and Stress-related issues
- Building Community Inclusion and Trust – Working with community leaders
- Full-day class filled with insightful, engaging lessons, videos, laughter and learning!
RITE in the Media: LINK to more
TEDx on RITE – Use of Voice not Force by Sgt Jones
CBS 8 Selma, Alabama DOC – the missing link to officer training
Fox 19 News – Middletown officers train in Racial Intelligence
Police Departments get Positive Press Coverage www.goo.gl/UeMaHx – (TV Interview)
RITE Articles: LINK to more
Officers Police themselves back up LADDER https://goo.gl/VBRdjm
Racial Intelligence Training at Notre Dame College www.goo.gl/bGOKJX
Community Policing is climbing above the burden of Hate www.goo.gl/DG6sSI –
Pittsburgh Bureau of Police
1203 Western Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15233
- August 20
- August 21
- Event Categories:
- EVENTS, RITE Leadership Training
- Event Tags:
- Emotional Intelligence, Harassment, Implicit bias and PTSD, Pittsburgh Bureau of Police, Pittsburgh Bureau of Police RITE Emotional & Social Intelligence Leadership Training, PRIVATE police Training, Professional Workplace Culture, unacceptable workplace behavior