- This event has passed.
RITE Leadership for Alabama Corrections Executive Staff – Jan 9, 10, 11, 2018 (Selma, AL)
January 9 - January 11
RITE Leadership for Corrections
This is a private training experience RITE will be conducting for Alabama Department of Corrections 200+ executive leaders, over a 3 day period. ADOC has taken proactive measures to give their leaders better tools to communicate inside and outside department walls. Teaching critical components of both Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI), improves resiliency awareness, as well as personal and professional relationships, inside and outside department walls.
Leaders from FDC: “What makes RITE Training a great fit for them”
Emotional Intelligence is being aware of our emotions, and to acknowledge that emotions can drive behavior that impacts others (positively and negatively). Social Intelligence is how we effectively navigate and negotiate all social relationships and situations.
RITE Tools, like the Emotional Energy Ladder (instructor’s banner-size seen in this photo), makes us aware of our emotions, how we affect others, and that only we have the power to make those changes. Great leadership starts with doing the RITE thing, in order to help others do the same.
Goal: To learn to use Emotional and Social de-escalation and accountability Tools that improve Officer wellness, enhance department morale and recruiting, and build community trust.
- Learning how to use EI and SI tools help to avoid the Block-Out Syndrome
- Emotional Intelligence and Mindfulness – Making the connection
- De-escalation communication awareness – The 3-EI approach
- Improving Employee Wellness – Communication Keys to Career Resiliency
- Working with Implicit bias, PTSD, and Stress-related issues
- Building Community Inclusion and Trust – Working with community leaders using RITE Training
- Full-day class filled with fun, engaging lessons, videos, laughter and learning!
Who will Benefit: Training and Command Staff, Members of the ADOC
- In the department (leading others inside the department)
- For continued training and growth (training and mentoring others)
- At home (with family, friends, to improve health and wellness)
RITE Leadership Training Overview:
- Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI) for leaders
- Cultural Diversity and Inclusion for cultural change with Racial Intelligence
- Strengthening Departmental Accountability Standards the RITE way
- Increasing your Diversity Recruiting
- Understanding the Millennial Mindset for employee retention
- Mindful Racial Intelligence – Skills to de-escalate situations
- Incorporating Racial Intelligence into your Social Media Campaigns
- Improved documentation that strengthens departmental standards
Racial Intelligence is: “The practice of using Emotional Intelligence (EI), Social Intelligence (SI) and the RITE Tools to treat ourselves and others fairly.”
The mission of the Alabama Department of Corrections is to confine, manage and provide rehabilitative programs for convicted felons in a safe, secure and humane environment, utilizing professionals who are committed to public safety and to the positive re-entry of offenders into society.
Alabama Department of Corrections
301 S. Ripley Street
P.O. Box 301501
Montgomery, AL 36130-1501