RITE Executive Leadership – JUN 12, 2017 FDLE (Tallahassee, FL)
Managing Organizations & Executive Leadership in Policing
One wrong move caught on camera, can put a black cloud over an entire department. RITE Leadership Training teaches critical components of Emotional Intelligence (EI), and Social Intelligence (SI), combined with the RITE Tools. The RITE combination drives individual performance, towards team success.
Emotional Intelligence is being aware of our emotions, and to acknowledge that emotions can drive behavior that impacts others (positively and negatively). Social Intelligence is how we effectively navigate and negotiate all social relationships and situations.
RITE Tools, like the Emotional Energy Ladder (instructor’s banner-size seen in the photo), that participants in this training receive, makes us aware of our emotions, how we affect others, and that only we have the power to make those changes. Great leadership starts with doing the RITE thing, in order to help others do the same.
This lays the groundwork towards positive employee engagement, on and off the streets, keeping negative media attention away. Let’s give the media something good to talk about! Seet how Ohio engaged CBS News to cover RITE Training
Goal: To learn to use Emotional and Social de-escalation and accountability Tools that improve Officer wellness, enhance department morale and recruiting, and build community trust.
- Learning how to use EI and SI tools help to avoid the Block-Out Syndrome
- De-escalation communication awareness – The 3-EI approach
- Improving Employee Wellness – Communication Keys to Career Resiliency
- Building Community Inclusion and Trust – Working with community leaders using RITE Training
Who will Benefit: Chiefs and Command Staff, Members of the FDLE
- On and off the street (engaging with the public)
- In the department (mentoring others)
- At home (with family, friends, to improve health and wellness)
This Leadership course is an introduction to RITE’s one and two-day Department Programs: Executive Leadership and First-line Supervisor (1-day course), RITE Train-the-Trainer (2-day course), and the 4-hour Racial Intelligence for Officer Wellness. Each participant will walk away from this session with new insight on improving their own lives, professionally and personally.
Executive Leadership Training Overview:
- Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI) for leaders
- Officer Health and Wellness – 6th Pillar of 21st Century Policing
- Cultural Diversity and Inclusion for cultural change with Racial Intelligence
- Strengthening Departmental Accountability Standards the RITE way
- Increasing your Diversity Recruiting
- Using the Millennial Mindset for employee retention
- Biased Policing Vs. Racial Intelligence – Skills to de-escalate situations
- Incorporating Racial Intelligence into your Social Media Campaigns
- Improved documentation that strengthens departmental standards
Racial Intelligence is: “The practice of using Emotional Intelligence (EI), Social Intelligence (SI) and the RITE Tools to treat ourselves and others fairly.”
FDLE mission is to promote public safety and strengthen domestic security by providing services in partnership with local, state, and federal criminal justice agencies to prevent, investigate, and solve crimes while protecting Florida’s citizens and visitors.
In 2007, Governor Charlie Crist signed an Executive Order calling for all state agencies to adopt and implement a Code of Ethics. FDLE is committed to “Service, Integrity, Respect and Quality.” FDLE employs about 1,700 members statewide, with seven regional operations centers located in Pensacola, Tallahassee, Jacksonville, Orlando, Tampa Bay, Fort Myers and Miami. FDLE was established in 1967.
Florida Department of Law Enforcement
2331 Phillips Road
Tallahassee, FL 32308