- This event has passed.
Racial Intelligence Train-the-TRAINER Course – NOV 17-18, 2016 (Rhode Island)
November 17, 2016 @ 8:30 am - November 18, 2016 @ 4:30 pm UTC+0
This course is being Hosted by Central Falls Police Department.
It is currently OPEN for registration to all full and part-time law enforcement and corrections trainers, until 40 Spots are filled.CLASS IS CLOSED
The Train-the-Trainer Course allows your department to roll out the Racial Intelligence cultural diversity course, as often as your department needs. This complete, all inclusive training gives instructors the certification to teach the 4 CE credit Cultural Diversity Officer Wellness Course to your officers (sworn and non-sworn). Racial Intelligence looks at Cultural Diversity for law enforcement and public service professionals with a bright new “officer wellness” light. Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI) have been a proven model used in corporations from for years. RITE Academy makes that powerful training now available for all public service professionals with the RITE Model EI+SI=RI
Definition of Racial Intelligence: “The practice of using Emotional Intelligence (EI), Social Intelligence (SI), and the RITE Tools, to treat ourselves and others fairly.” Learn more about EI and SI here…
How does the RITE model work?
Officers gain improved communication skills for themselves first, to then engage better with others. De-escalation techniques with career resiliency awareness empowers the officer with better, smarter decision-making. This improved engagement is seen in the Profession, and helps to build Community trust. The RITE training for all Public Service Professionals puts Officer Wellness on the front line… because when you help the officer improve on a personal level, the profession follows.
Trainers learn how to teach the RITE 3-prong approach:
- Empower the Officer: Emotional Intelligence Tools for Resiliency and De-escalation; to use personally and professionally
- Improve the Department: Social Intelligence helps with Recruiting, Improve morale, and Accountability
- Build the Community Relations: Enhance public trust
The 2-Day Training Overview:
- Learn the (6) key modules of Racial Intelligence (RI) using Emotional (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI)
- Learn how to apply and teach De-escalation tools
- Improves behavioral self-control on the street and off
- Certifies trainers to give the “RITE Officer Wellness Course” 4-hour (4 CEU) in-service trainings to all public service personnel (in their department)
- RITE Tool Kits for all officers – Trainers learn the ease of teaching RITE using individual Tools
- Purpose of (4) RITE Tools for De-escalation Communication and Career resiliency
- (3) large instructor banners to enhance student learning
- Includes RITE Instructor Manual, Trainer Tools, Instructor Power Point, Videos, Teaching aids, Hand-outs, Multiple choice exam, and RITE Certificates
Location & Hotel Info: See venue information below
- 8:00 – 8:30 am Registration – Day 1 only
- 8:30 – 11:45 am Morning session
- 11:45 – 12:45 pm Lunch Break
- 12:45 – 4:00 pm Afternoon session
The 2-Day training: $824
All-inclusive fee includes the RITE Premium Trainer Kit ($99), Instructor’s Racial Intelligence Complete Manual, Instructor’s power point, all scenario and training videos, RITE instruction materials, student hand-outs, Instructor Certificate of completion, Student certificates, Student exam, trainer and classroom fees, coffee and light breakfast, water and refreshments.
SPACE LIMITED TO FIRST 40!
Hampton Inn & Suites Smithfield
945 Douglas Pike
Smithfield, RI 02917
Hampton Inn Providence
58 Weybosset Street
Providence, RI 02903
MORE CLASS INFO