- This event has passed.
Racial Intelligence Train-the-TRAINER Course – DEC 14-15, 2016 (Orlando)
December 14, 2016 - December 15, 2016
RITE Academy is thankful to have Leesburg Police Department, in Leesburg, Florida as our local hosting agency. Located only 50 miles from Orlando International Airport and Disney World. Registration is currently OPEN until 40 spots are filled.
The Train-the-Trainer Course allows your department to roll out cultural change with diversity, inclusion and sensitivity training as often as your department needs. This complete, all inclusive training gives instructors the certification to teach the 4 CE credit Cultural Diversity Officer Wellness Course to your officers (sworn and non-sworn).
Definition of Racial Intelligence: “The practice of using Emotional Intelligence (EI), Social Intelligence (SI) and the RITE Tools, to treat ourselves and others fairly.”
How does the RITE model work?
RITE helps the Officer improve their own life thru better communication to themselves and others. De-escalation techniques with resiliency awareness drives the message home which empowers the officer with better decision-making. This improvement will then better the Profession, and help to build Community trust. The RITE training for all Public Service Professionals puts Officer Wellness on the front line… because when you help the officer improve on a personal level (mentally and physically), the profession follows.
Trainers learn how to teach the RITE 3-prong approach:
- Empower the Officer: Emotional Intelligence Tools for Resiliency and De-escalation; to use personally and professionally
- Improve the Department: Social Intelligence helps with Recruiting, Improve morale, and Accountability
- Build the Community Relations: Enhance public trust
The 2-Day Training Overview:
- Learn (6) key modules of Emotional (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI) = Racial Intelligence (RI)
- Certifies trainers to give the “RITE Officer Wellness Course” 4-hour (4 CEU) in-service trainings to all public service personnel
- Trainers will be Certified to teach the (6) RITE principles for improved officer wellness
- Implementation of (4) RITE Tools – personal and professional resiliency
- Learn how to use the (3) large instructor banners for teaching and roll call motivation
- Includes RITE Instructor Manual, Trainer Tools, Materials, Instructor Power Point, Teaching aids, RITE Instructor Certificate and More!
- *(2) RITE staff trainers show how various angles and teaching styles can be used
*(2) RITE staff trainers teach this 2-day Train-the-Trainer. We highly recommend sending at least *(2) trainers to this class, as it is more effective in rolling it out, implementing improved departmental culture, and will give you the back up trainer(s) if ever needed.
Location & Hotel Info: See information below
- 8:00 – 8:30 am Registration – Day 1 only
- 8:30 – 11:45 am Morning session
- 11:45 – 12:45 pm Lunch Break
- 12:45 – 4:00 pm Afternoon session
COST: Per person (plus $99. instructor tool kit & materials)
- $675. for 1 or 2 from same agency
- $600. for 3 or more from same agency
If you are unable to attend your scheduled class, please email us. You may reschedule for another RITE Training, if at least 14 days before the start date of your scheduled class. Failure to do so, will result in full charge of the course.
Use RITE Discount Code: RITE ACADEMY
MORE CLASS INFO