- This event has passed.
Racial Intelligence Executive LEADERSHIP – JAN 12, 2017 (NCJA, NC)
Hosting agency is North Carolina Justice Academy, Salemburg, NC. Registration is OPEN until 35 Spots are filled.
The Executive LEADERSHIP Course is a one-day training for command staff and executive leaders. RITE has created this advanced cultural diversity class, that combines (6) key modules of Emotional and Social Intelligence which has been improving officer’s lives on a professional as well as personal level. Racial Intelligence is the practice of using Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI) to treat ourselves and others fairly. De-escalation training starts here.
COURSE OBJECTIVES & GOALS
RITE Academy’s objective is to improve officer wellness, increase departmental morale, and build community trust. Becoming aware of one’s own emotions (EI), improves situational and empathy awareness when engaging with others (SI), and helps de-escalate heightened situations where plausible. RITE programs include de-escalation and resiliency awareness techniques, that improve overall department relations, recruitment and community policing.
Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI) training has been a proven model for employees of fortune 500 corporations for years. RITE Academy has created this powerful training exclusively for law enforcement, corrections, and all public service professionals.
Similar to winning sports teams, the best run Police, Corrections, and City Agencies, all know that great leadership drives success. Our leadership course provides you with the tools needed to successfully implement all facets of the RITE model EI+SI=RI, for personal and professional growth. Department-wide Racial Intelligence, starts at the top!
GOAL: To learn Emotional and Social de-escalation and accountability Tools that improve officer wellness, enhance departmental morale and recruitment, and develop community policing and trust.
- Practical Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI)
- Improved communication to De-escalation skill building techniques
- Officer Health and Wellness – 6th Pillar of 21st Century Policing
- RITE Cultural Diversity and Inclusion – the Right changes with Racial Intelligence
- Strengthening Departmental Accountability Standards using the RITE Tools
- Increasing your Diversity Recruiting with “WHY” Principles
- Biased Policing Vs. Racial Intelligence Policing
- Seeing/Controlling the Block-Out Syndrome as it happens
- Racial Intelligence Open book Exam – Everyone passes
- RITE Certificate of Completion
Definition of Racial Intelligence: “The practice of using Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI) Tools to treat ourselves and others fairly.”
Who Should Attend?
This Executive LEADERSHIP Course is for command staff within Law Enforcement, Highway patrol, Corrections, Fire, and City Service operating in North Carolina. All public service professionals, (including City and County, Sworn and non-sworn personnel) would benefit greatly (personally and professionally) from this course. Class size is limited. Registration information below.
All Participants receive:
- RITE Academy Racial Intelligence Leadership HandBook for Law Enforcement & Public Service Professionals
- (5) RITE Tools for continued work on Racial Intelligence
- Includes a Cultural Diversity Action Plan- ready to share with the community
- RITE Advanced Cultural Diversity Media Campaign
- SOP – Cultural Diversity Accountability Standards
- Racial Intelligence Exam (Open Handbook test)
- Racial Intelligence Official Certification
- 4 CE Credits (IADLEST Approved)
Location: See venue information below
For Onsite LODGING, Connect and Register on NCJA Portal HERE
- 8:00 – 8:30 am Registration
- 8:30 – 11:30 am Morning session
- 11:30 – 12:30 pm Lunch Break
- 12:30 – 3:30 pm Afternoon session
$369. for 1 or 2 from the same agency
$294. for 3 or more from same agency (Discount Ends November 30, 2016)
All-inclusive fee includes the RITE Premium Leadership Kit ($59), Racial Intelligence Leadership Hand book, materials, hand-outs, Certificate of completion, community campaign, trainer and classroom fees, coffee and light breakfast, water and refreshments
If you are unable to attend your scheduled class, please email us. You may reschedule for another RITE Training, if at least 14 days before the start date of your scheduled class. Failure to do so, will result in full charge of the course.
SPACE LIMITED TO FIRST 35!