- This event has passed.
Racial Intelligence for LEADERSHIP: OCT 11 (Ft. Lauderdale, FL)
October 11, 2017
Host agency is A Hugh Adams Central Campus – Broward College, Davie, FL. Nearby Fort Lauderdale Airport. Registration is currently OPEN.
“This is NOT your 1980’s cultural diversity training. We looked for a less academic, easy-to-use training, with better ways for our officers to communicate, and to De-Escalate situations more effectively. RITE training supports our officers, our department, AND our community.” ~ Chief Rob Hicks
The Executive LEADERSHIP Course is a one-day training for command staff and executive leaders. RITE Academy created this advanced cultural diversity class, combining (6) key modules of Emotional and Social Intelligence which has been improving officer’s lives on a professional as well as personal level.
COURSE OBJECTIVES & GOALS
Objective – To improve mental wellness, departmental morale, and community trust. Becoming aware of one’s own emotions (EI), will improve situational and empathy awareness when engaging with others (SI), while helping to de-escalate heightened situations 95% of the time. RITE programs include de-escalation and resiliency awareness techniques, that improve overall department relations, recruitment and community policing.
Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI) training has been a proven model for employees of fortune 500 corporations for years. RITE Academy has created this powerful training exclusively for law enforcement, corrections, and all public service professionals.
This course provides Leaders with the tools needed to successfully implement all facets of the RITE model EI+SI=RI, for personal and professional growth. Department-wide Racial Intelligence, starts at the top!
GOAL: To learn to use Emotional and Social de-escalation and accountability Tools, which improves officer wellness, enhances departmental morale and recruitment, and benefits community policing and trust.
- Practical Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI)
- Improved communication to De-escalation skill building techniques
- Officer Health and Wellness – 6th Pillar of 21st Century Policing
- RITE Cultural Diversity and Inclusion
- Strengthen Departmental Accountability Standards using the RITE Tools
- Increasing Diversity Recruiting with “WHY” Principles
- Biased Policing Vs. Racial Intelligence Policing
- Seeing/Controlling the Block-Out Syndrome as it happens
- Racial Intelligence Open book Exam – Everyone learns and passes
- RITE Certificate of Completion
- Media campaign and press release for enhanced public awareness of pro-active department training
Definition of Racial Intelligence: “The practice of using Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI) Tools to treat ourselves and others fairly.”
Who Should Attend?
This Executive LEADERSHIP Course is for command staff within Law Enforcement, Highway patrol, Corrections, Fire, and City Service. All public service professionals, (including City and County, Sworn and non-sworn personnel) would benefit (personally and professionally) from this course. Class size is limited. Registration information below.
All Participants receive:
- RITE Academy Racial Intelligence Leadership HandBook for Law Enforcement & Public Service Professionals
- (5) RITE Tools for continued work on Racial Intelligence
- Includes a Cultural Diversity Action Plan- share with community
- RITE Advanced Cultural Diversity Media Campaign
- SOP – Cultural Diversity Accountability Standards
- Racial Intelligence Exam (Open Handbook test)
- Official Certification
A Hugh Adams Central Campus
Institute of Public Safety
3501 Davie Road
Building #22 Room
Davie, Fl 33314
8:00 – 8:30 am Registration and Coffee
8:30 – 11:30 am Morning session
11:30 – 12:30 pm Lunch (on your own)
12:30 – 3:30 pm Afternoon session
If you are unable to attend your scheduled class, please email us. You may reschedule for another RITE Training, if at least 14 days before the start date of your scheduled class. Failure to do so, will result in full charge of the course.
HOTEL INFO (Listed by distance)
2540 Davie Rd
SW 64th Ave.
Davie, FL 33317-7425
0.7 miles from Broward College
Fort Lauderdale Airport – FLL