Racial Intelligence 2-Day TRAINER: OCT 18-19, 2018 (Columbia, SC)
October 18 - October 19
CLASS DATE CHANGE: Due to Hurricane Michael, this class was moved from Oct. 11-12 to Oct. 18-19, 2018
SCLEOA (South Carolina Law Enforcement Officers’ Association) is hosting this Training, and the training location is to be determined. Training is currently Open to SC Trainers ONLY, maximum 50 seats. 16 Credit Hours will be submitted for each officer
The Racial Intelligence Train-the-Trainer Course is the most progressive diversity training for public service professionals. This training helps the officer understand their Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI) that helps the officer, the department, and the community:
- Improves Communication (for work and home-life balance)
- Builds Morale in the department
- Become a Guardian for the community and in the schools
2-minute Videos from RITE Certified Train-the-Trainers:
With proven RESULTS that RITE Training decreases use of force, Racial Intelligence combines Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI), which has been successfully used in corporations for years. This helps your department develop a bias-free community.
Definition of Racial Intelligence: “The practice of using Emotional Intelligence (EI), Social Intelligence (SI), and the RITE Tools, to treat ourselves and others fairly.” Learn more about EI and SI…
How does the RITE model work?
RITE improves the officer’s communication skills (first), so they can engage more effectively with others. Old cultural diversity training (teaching officers what they’re doing wrong) is ineffective in improving police-work. De-escalation techniques, Implicit bias understanding while using EI, empowers the officer with better, more effective decision-making (for themselves and the department). Improved engagement and morale is noticed in the department, and builds Community trust.
Trainers will learn the RITE 3-prong approach:
- Officer Communication Skills: Emotional Intelligence Tools for Resiliency and De-escalation; to use personally and professionally
- Improve the Department: Social Intelligence helps with Bias-free policing, Recruiting, Improve morale, and Accountability
- Build the Community Relations: Bias-free policing will Enhance public trust
The 2-Day Training Overview:
- (6) key modules of Emotional (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI)
- Trainers become Certified to teach ‘RITE Officer Wellness Course’ (up to 12 hours)
- Certified to teach the (6) RITE principles for improved officer wellness and diversity
- Learn to use and teach (4) RITE Tools – Required Tools are the KEY to RITE Training and departmental accountability
- Use of (3) large instructor banners for teaching and roll call motivation
- Includes RITE Instructor Manual, Trainer Tools, Materials, Instructor Power Point, Teaching aids, RITE Instructor Certificate and More!
- *(2) RITE staff trainers teach with various concepts, videos, stories and teaching styles
*RITE suggests departments Register at least *(2) trainers for this class; Two are more effective in rolling it out and will give you the back-up trainer(s) if ever needed.
To Register, Please CONTACT:
Captain Teena Gooding
Operations Bureau, University of South Carolina
Division of Law Enforcement & Safety
Training Host & Site:
8:00 Registration and Coffee setup
8:15 – 11:45 am Morning session
11:45 – 12:45 pm Lunch Break
1:00 – 4:00 pm Afternoon session
This training is being sponsored by CLEOA (South Carolina Law Enforcement Officers’ Association)
Per person fee includes the RITE Premium Trainer Kit ($99), Instructor’s Racial Intelligence Complete Manual, power point, all videos, RITE materials, hand-outs, Certificate of completion, student certificates, student exam, trainer and classroom fees, coffee and light breakfast, water and refreshments.
Suggested Hotels TBD
Registration is Limited
- October 18
- October 19
- Event Categories:
- EVENTS, RITE Train-the-trainer
- Event Tags:
- CLEOA, Emotional Intelligence (EI), hosting this Training, racial intelligence, Social Intelligence (SI), South Carolina Law Enforcement Hall of Fame, South Carolina Law Enforcement Officers’ Association, University of South Carolina