Racial Intelligence 2-Day TRAINER: NOV 1-2, 2018 (Orlando, FL)
November 1 - November 2
Chief Rob Hicks and Leesburg Police Department, is RITE’s local host agency. Located only 50 miles from Orlando Airport and Disney World. Registration is currently OPEN until 40 spots are filled.
Attention FLORIDA Agencies
RE: Florida Bill CS/SB 7026 — “Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Act”
- Guardian Act 2018 Bill Summaries – LINK
- The Florida Senate Guardian Legislature – LINK
- LINK to Coach Aaron Feis Guardian Program REQUIREMENTS
The Racial Intelligence Train-the-Trainer Course is the most progressive diversity training for public service professionals. Helping the officer understand their Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI):
- Improves Communication (for work and home-life balance)
- Builds Morale in the department
- Become a Guardian for the community and in the schools
The Racial Intelligence Train-the-Trainer Course is the most progressive cultural diversity training for all public service professionals. Helping the officer understand their EI and SI which improves communication, and builds morale.
We have PROVEN RESULTS that RITE Training decreases use of force. Racial Intelligence combines Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI), which has been successfully used in corporations for years. Help your department head towards a bias-free.
Definition of Racial Intelligence: “The practice of using Emotional Intelligence (EI), Social Intelligence (SI), and the RITE Tools, to treat ourselves and others fairly.” Learn more about EI and SI…
How does the RITE model work?
Old cultural diversity training (teaching officers what they’re doing wrong) is ineffective in improving police-work. RITE improves the officer’s communication skills (first), so they can engage more effectively with others. De-escalation techniques, Implicit bias understanding while using EI, empowers the officer with better, more effective decision-making (for themselves and the department). Improved engagement and morale is noticed in the department, and builds Community trust.
Trainers will learn the RITE 3-prong approach:
- Officer Communication Skills: Emotional Intelligence Tools for Resiliency and De-escalation; to use personally and professionally
- Improve the Department: Social Intelligence helps with Bias-free policing, Recruiting, Improve morale, and Accountability
- Build the Community Relations: Bias-free policing will Enhance public trust
2-minute Videos from RITE Certified Train-the-Trainers:
The 2-Day Training Overview:
- (6) key modules of Emotional (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI)
- Trainers become Certified to teach “RITE Officer Wellness Course” (4 CEU)
- Certified to teach the (6) RITE principles for improved officer wellness and mindfulness
- Learn to use and teach (4) RITE Tools – Tools are the KEY to RITE Training and accountability
- How to use (3) large instructor banners for teaching and roll call motivation
- Includes RITE Instructor Manual, Trainer Tools, Materials, Instructor Power Point, Teaching aids, RITE Instructor Certificate and More!
- *(2) RITE staff trainers teach with various concepts, videos, stories and teaching styles
*RITE suggests departments Register at least *(2) trainers for this class; Two are more effective in rolling it out, and will give you the back-up trainer(s) if ever needed.
Leesburg Police Dept.
115 East Magnolia Street
Leesburg, FL 34748
8:00 – 8:15 am Registration and Coffee
8:15 – 11:45 am Morning session
11:45 – 12:45 pm Lunch Break
12:45 – 4:00 pm Afternoon session
$824 pp. For 1 or 2 from the same agency
$749 pp. Discounted for 3 or more from same agency
Per person fee includes the RITE Premium Trainer Kit ($99), Instructor’s Racial Intelligence Complete Manual, power point, all videos, RITE materials, hand-outs, Certificate of completion, student certificates, student exam, trainer and classroom fees, coffee and light breakfast, water and refreshments.
If you are unable to attend your scheduled class, please email us. You may reschedule for another RITE Training, if at least 14 days before the start date of your scheduled class. Failure to do so, will result in full charge of the course.
Hampton Inn Leesburg/Tavares – LINK
9630 US Hwy 441
Leesburg, Florida 34788
Waterfront Inn – LINK
1105 Lake Shore Drive
The Villages, FL 32162
Use Government / Military for best discount
MCO – Orlando International Airport