- This event has passed.
Racial Intelligence 1-Day LEADERSHIP: AUG 20, 2018 (Las Vegas, NV)
August 20, 2018
North Las Vegas Police Department is the host site for RITE Leadership Class. The location is 10 miles from Las Vegas airport and just 4 miles from the downtown strip.
The Racial Intelligence LEADERSHIP Course is a one-day training for command staff and executive leaders. RITE Academy created this advanced cultural diversity class, combining (6) key modules of Emotional and Social Intelligence which has been improving officer’s lives on a professional as well as personal level. This training helps the commander understand their Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI) that helps the person, the department, and the community they serve:
- Improves Communication (for work and home-life balance)
- Builds Morale in the department
- Be a Guardian Leader for the community and in the schools
2-minute Videos from RITE Leadership Attendees:
Chief Hicks - RITE Leadership Training for Law Enforcement
Sgt. Jones - De-escalation Training starts here
(3) Training Sgts on Racial Intelligence over Cultural Diversity
Chief Hicks - RITE Leadership Training for Law Enforcement"RITE is Critical training for law enforcement Leaders and Officers." Police Chief Hicks of Leesburg PD, explains why the RITE program is right for cultural diversity change not only in his department, but for all law enforcement.
Sgt. Jones - De-escalation Training starts here“For over 19 years I’ve gone to a lot of courses. This is the first course that helps the officer first, which can help the department and help the community.” Sgt. Fred Jones RITE Training combines Emotional and Social Intelligence self-awareness techniques.
(3) Training Sgts on Racial Intelligence over Cultural DiversitySgt. Mack (Leesburg PD), Sgt. Rodriguez (Lake County Corrections), and Sgt. Trill (Tarpon Springs PD) talk about their experience after taking the RITE Train-the-Trainer course.
With proven RESULTS that RITE Training decreases use of force, Racial Intelligence combines Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI), which has been successfully used in corporations for years. This helps your department develop a bias-free community.
Definition of Racial Intelligence: “The practice of using Emotional Intelligence (EI), Social Intelligence (SI), and the RITE Tools, to treat ourselves and others fairly.” Learn more about EI and SI…
How does the RITE model work?
RITE improves the officer’s communication skills (first), so they can engage more effectively with others. Old cultural diversity training (teaching officers what they’re doing wrong) is ineffective in improving police-work. De-escalation techniques, Implicit bias understanding while using EI, empowers the officer with better, more effective decision-making (for themselves and the department). Improved engagement and morale is noticed in the department, and builds Community trust.
Leaders will learn the RITE 3-prong approach:
- Officer Communication Skills: Emotional Intelligence Tools for Resiliency and De-escalation; to use personally and professionally
- Improve the Department: Social Intelligence helps with Bias-free policing, Recruiting, Improve morale, and Accountability
- Build the Community Relations: Bias-free policing will Enhance public trust
Goals and Objectives:
- Learning how to use EI and SI tools that go beyond DIVERSITY and Inclusion
- Emotional Intelligence and Mindfulness – Making the connection
- De-escalation communication awareness – The 3-EI approach
- Improving Employee Wellness – Communication Keys to Resiliency
- Working with Implicit bias, PTSD, and Stress-related issues
- Building Community Inclusion and Trust – Working with community leaders using RITE Training
- Full-day class filled with fun, engaging lessons, videos, laughter and learning!
RITE in the Media:
Middletown officers train in Racial Intelligence – Fox 19 News
Racial Intelligence Training For Local Police – WVXU Radio Interview
Police officers learning how to deal with their own emotions – NBC 5
Police Departments can get Positive Press Coverage www.goo.gl/UeMaHx – (TV Interview)
Officers Police themselves back up LADDER https://goo.gl/VBRdjm
Racial Intelligence Training at Notre Dame College www.goo.gl/bGOKJX
Community Policing is climbing above the burden of Hate www.goo.gl/DG6sSI –
North Las Vegas City Hall – Training
2250 North Las Vegas Blvd, 5th floor
North Las Vegas, NV. 89030
702-633-1832 ext 5775
Local Contact: Crystal Patterson
North Las Vegas Police Dept.
702-633-1832 ext 5775
Please park in the covered parking and beyond. Do not park in Customer parking
7:45 Registration and Coffee
8:00 – 11:50 am Morning session
12:00 – 1:00 pm Lunch Break
1:00 – 4:00 pm Afternoon session
Per person fee includes the RITE Leadership Kit, RITE Leadership HandBook, materials, hand-outs, Certificate of completion, community campaign, trainer and classroom fees, coffee and light breakfast, water and refreshments.
If you are unable to attend your scheduled class, please email us. You may reschedule for another RITE Training, if at least 14 days before the start date of your scheduled class. Failure to do so, will result in full charge of the course.
Hotels and Casinos near North Las Vegas PD
Trip Advisor LINK
Registration is Limited… Pre-Register HERE!