- This event has passed.
Emotional and Social Intelligence LEADERSHIP: JUN 3, 2019 (Southgate, MI)
June 3 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm UTC+0
Chief Brett Selby and the Southgate Police Department is the host site for RITE Leadership Class. The location is 5 miles from Detroit Metro airport. MCOLES Certified
Emotional and Social Intelligence Leadership
- Are you accessible, relatable, and interactive with your subordinates?
- Do you know how to use Emotional Intelligence to lead others effectively?
- Are you able to connect with ALL in your agency, and help them be a positive force in the agency and community?
- Could some of your officer learn to de-escalate more effectively, and become team players?
This leadership course is highly recommended for improving effective leadership and mentorship within your department. Emotional Intelligence improves risk mitigation and starts with knowing Why you do What you do. This course can not only help you decrease issues around you, it will increase your Leadership skills to a new level.
This one-day training is for command staff, Executive leaders, as well as Officers moving up the ranks. RITE Academy created this advanced Leaders class, combining (6) key modules of Emotional and Social Intelligence which has been improving officer’s lives on a professional as well as personal level. This training provides an understanding of Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI) that helps the person, the department, and the community they serve:
- Improves Communication (for work and home-life balance)
- Builds Morale in the department
- Enhances Guardian Leadership in the agency and the community
2-minute Videos from RITE Leadership Attendees:
With proven RESULTS that RITE Training decreases use of force, Racial Intelligence combines Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Social Intelligence (SI), which has been successfully used in corporations for years. This helps your department develop a bias-free community.
Definition of Racial Intelligence: “The practice of using Emotional Intelligence (EI), Social Intelligence (SI), and the RITE Tools, to treat ourselves and others fairly.” Learn more about EI and SI…
The RITE Model
RITE improves the officer’s communication skills (first), so they can engage more effectively with others. Old diversity training (teaching officers what they’re doing wrong) is ineffective in improving police-work. Improved engagement and morale is noticed in the department, and ultimately builds Community trust.
Leaders will learn the RITE 3-prong approach:
- Officer Communication Skills: Emotional Intelligence Tools for Career Resiliency and De-escalation; to use personally and professionally
- Improve the Department: Social Intelligence helps with Bias-free policing, Recruiting, Improved morale, and Accountability
- Build the Community Relations: Bias-free policing will Enhance public trust
Goals and Objectives:
- Learning how to use EI and SI tools for better Leadership
- Emotional Intelligence and Mindfulness – Making the connection
- De-escalation and Miscommunication awareness – The 3-EI approach
- Improving Employee Wellness – Keys to Resiliency
- Uncover Implicit bias, PTSD, and Stress-related issues
- Building Community Inclusion and Trust – Working with community leaders
- Full-day class filled with insightful, engaging lessons, videos, laughter and learning!
RITE in the Media:
TEDx on RITE – Use of Voice not Force by Sgt Jones
CBS 8 Selma, Alabama DOC – the missing link to officer training
Fox 19 News – Middletown officers train in Racial Intelligence
Police Departments get Positive Press Coverage www.goo.gl/UeMaHx – (TV Interview)
Officers Police themselves back up LADDER https://goo.gl/VBRdjm
Racial Intelligence Training at Notre Dame College www.goo.gl/bGOKJX
Community Policing is climbing above the burden of Hate www.goo.gl/DG6sSI –
Southgate Police Department
14700 Reaume Parkway
Southgate, MI 48195
Chief Brett Selby
Attendees can park adjacent to the 14700 building anywhere
8:00 – 8:15 am Registration, Coffee, Networking
8:15 – 11:45 am Morning session
11:45 – 12:45 pm Lunch Break
12:45 – 4:00 pm Afternoon session
Per person fee includes the RITE materials, hand-outs, Certificate of completion, trainer and classroom fees, coffee and light breakfast, water and refreshments.
If you are unable to attend your scheduled class, please email us. You may reschedule for another RITE Training, if at least 14 days before the start date of your scheduled class. Failure to do so, will result in full charge of the course.
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Southgate
13333 Heritage Center
Southgate, MI 48195
Due to lack of registrations, this class has been postponed until Fall 2019. If your agency wants to be added to the list of interested attendees, please Email Chief Selby email@example.com